The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First things first the Se1010 is not as nice as the Xf12 because this is art, XF12 is a common shape something industrialised without any taste... Se1010 is a sexy French prototype designed with love and.....Lots and Lots of wine ! that surely why it is looking like a flying bottle !
that was all for my patriotic moment Hahahaha

For other who don't know about "French post-war experimentations" I really recommend you to have a look on the subject, like the Nord 1500 Griffon

And also have a look to a really complete listing of french manufacturer and aircrafts since the begenning of aviation on this website Aviation française , les constructeurs

So here is my quizz for you guys ! ( and this one is NOT French ! )

Good Luck !

The Saab 210 Draken (Dragon or Kite) was a scaled-down test bed for the double-delta concept in the development of the J 35 fighter. Although never officially named anything but Draken by Saab, it soon became known by its unofficial nickname Lilldraken (Little Dragon or Little Kite) after the first flight of the prototype of the Saab 35. Its first flight was on 21 January 1952

What more can I say ! ?
Appart that you are prefectly right !

I was always amaised by scaled down prototypes.

here it is :

And the final result as Geedee explained :

btw : does any of you got the DB605 Ersatzteillist ? I am in need for this (PM me )

Thanks guys. That prototype certainly looked a real fun bit of kit to have a bimble about in to enjoy yourself in !.

Have a go at this one...no clues just yet

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 74
Hmm. A bit dark. The throttle quadrant, and general lay-out, look similar to a Mosquito, but the control column and yoke are different. Have to have a think about this one. I nearly went for Beaufighter, but the throttles are wrong for that as well.
OK, I've thought. Still not sure, but I'll go for Douglas Boston/Havoc.

If you tried to do what this can in a Boston, you'd create Havoc !

Here's a less heavier version..

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 66
It's another one which looks familiar, but I just can't pin it down! A control yoke, but with throttles for the left hand, suggest a twin, and a fighter. Hmm, how about P-61 'Black Widow' then ?

Now I am puzzled!
Just noticed, that looks like a single throttle lever (if it is the throttle/power lever). The control column and yoke are shouting 'Boeing' at me, but I see what looks like a British turn and bank indicator, and if it is single engine, then it's unusual to have a yoke and not a stick. But I have another thought as I type, and I'm thinking of waves, wires, too many wings, and sea creatures with big tusks - Supermarine Walrus ?

Top marks Terry, well spotted and thought out !!

It is indeed a 'Shagbat' and this one is perched on display at RNAS Yeovilton

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 91
  • w2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 82
Good one Gary. It suddenly clicked, when I realised there was only one throttle lever, and that coaming up to the instrument panel helped. Knew it must be British due to the instruments and standard BFP.
OK, I've been a bit sneaky lately, so this one shouldn't be too difficult.

Attachments

• WIG 33.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 77
Good one Gary. It suddenly clicked, when I realised there was only one throttle lever, and that coaming up to the instrument panel helped. Knew it must be British due to the instruments and standard BFP..

Must make mental note to include any detail on fuiture pics

I'm sure I know what your latest is but I'm not entering.

Users who are viewing this thread