The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gary has the correct manufacturer. Anyone?

Hi Aaron.

I wasn't sure what you meant by Gary being in a "Landing Pattern". I took it to mean he had the Luscombe part right, but not from the Silvaire family. So I had a look at the Sedan - but no match (see below). But now with your Continental clue and confirming Luscombe, I keep coming back to the Luscombe 8A. Now, I always thought the 8 series, with all their alphabetical soup sub-designations were collectively known as the Silvaire family. Maybe not?
I had a look at the Luscombe 8 Wiki site article and they call the 8A with the 65 hp Continental engine the "Luscombe Master".

Luscombe 8A Luscombe Master?

Not a match, but this was my only other thought - the Luscombe 11 Sedan...

Graeme has it with the 8A Luscombe Master. Dave, I looked and didn't see the Silvair anywhere for this. The Silvair is a larger plane. The 8A is a two seater. I may be wrong, and if I am, I apologize and the field belongs to Gary.

Attachments

• 08 25 12_1209 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thanks Aaron, but Gary did the "hard yakka" with that one. I just followed his lead so I would like him take the controls and land as he's been in a holding pattern too long.

Cheers!

That was a good one Brooks, I learnt a bit about the Luscombe family after looking at the replies. Actually quite a pretty lil' Plane !

If you're happy Graeme ?.... have a go at this beauty

Attachments

• what.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 86
Didn't think it was !
That top bit looks rather like a leaf spring, although it's a tad 'light', and wouldn't be bolted. Think I've seen that somewhere before though .....

Users who are viewing this thread