The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You have it, it is the firewall of the He100
He 100.jpg

Hell's teeth !
That was impressive !
Thanks, Terry!

The quality of that photo made it difficult to figure it out while I was viewing it on the ipad, but once I got on the computer, it became clear what I was looking at!

And the He100 is my favorite too, Jim! :thumbleft:

Ok, here's the next challenge...it may be easy, then again, it may not.

game-piece[300x200].jpg

Airframes and capt Vick, yes it s very impressive. The two arms extending forward are actually the engine mount which is integral to the cowling.
On the right hand arm(left aircraft side) you can also see the arm incorporated the turbo charger fan. In the center is the large hole that 20mm cannon
passed through. Heinkel was truly ahead of his time and the He100 was a missed fighter that had potential.
Also Capt Vick, the answer is yes.:)

That is an airship my friend, or at least the gondola. Good year built?
Good eye!

Yes, it's the control car to K-28 on display at the New England Air Museum (not my photo, of course) and it was manufactured by Goodyear. Block K-9 through K-30 were ordered on 14 October 1942. K-28 was powered by two P&W R-1340-AN2 engines.

K-28 At New England Air Museum:
K-class_Control-car.jpg

K-84 being serviced during the war:
K-84_control-car.jpg

It's all yours, Jim! :thumbleft:

Last edited:
Capt Vick, I will look through my stock and see what I can share, what are your looking for: Photos, blueprints, flight test data?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back