The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F82 Twin Mustang ?

That looks like one of the props off 'Betty Jo' at Dayton

We have a winner

That prop had been bugging me all day at work, paddle blade with thin spider, had to wait till I was home to wazz through my pics as I knew I'd seen it before. That is one bird I'd love to see in the air one day....here's hoping the CAF one gets airborne again one day.

Right chaps...try this one.

Attachments

• what2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 92
Its not a Vengance, Corsair or Avenger

Its a single engined, prop powered, tail dragger with more than one seat !

Sorry not a BT13

It had a crew of two. Some had a PW Twin Wasp powerplant, some had Bristol Mercury's

Saab B17 it is, well done !

Attachments

• DSCF0113.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 95
Those housing that are for making less aerodynamic drag when the gear is upp. they also work as a airbrake for landing and divebombing, in some rare occasion it has pappend that those housing in really high divingspeed they felld off. I have heard that in WW2 when there whas lot of american bomber-plane and other allies who entered the Swedish airspace cause of emergengy situation or making wrong navigation, and it has happened that in some rare occasion that some of them has made contact whit those SAAB B17, and because of it smoot look they first thought this divebomber whas a fighterplane, some of them even writed a report of this plane when they come back home that SAAB B17 is a fighterplane. This I whonder, for there whas also some P-51 Mustang and other longrange fighter who come in to Swedish airspace, if so couldent there been a encountering whit Allied figher and SAAB B17, and if so what happened then, could there been an air to air combat perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread