The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got it, it's the Vultee BT-13 Valiant trainer:

images

I red that those green stripes on wings and fuse were applied to instrumental flight trainers, it's correct?

Cheers

Last edited:
Looks suspiciously like a twin stick '51. If I remember correctly, she's got a lot of red in her colour scheme and a Squadron Id of 'WD' ?....at work at the moment so can't check my library !!!:(

Nice looking pic by the way :thumbright:....but I am a bit biased

Well dang it Gary, you could have at least let the ink dry in the post before jumping in! :lol:

But you nailed it exactly, no real surprise there, you seem to know the office of a Stang pretty well. :evil4:

Here she is, the Collings Foundation PT-51C at the Redding Airport back in June 2009:

Attachments

• IMGP6874-rs.jpg
    IMGP6874-rs.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 100
Stunning shot Dave !

Rightyho....this ones a bit different.

It doesnt have a manufacturers name as such, its a 'one off'. However, having said its a one off, it has some very interesting 'direct' links with WW2.

It was given a name (with a direct historic input) and thats what you've got to try and find out. I'll give you two clues....cos I'm kind hearted !.... Prisoner of War / US Navy

Lets see if you can find out what it was called. When its identified, I'll give you a story that involves me and the designer / builder.

The piccie is the full shot, not cropped. This one will involve a fair bit digging to find out. Have fun

Attachments

• What.jpg
    What.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 100
Well, I've done a heck of a lot of digging, and come to the conclusion that, given the maritime rigging on the thing, it's the Marie Rose, with wings !!!

I didn't mean anything salacious by the name, That is the way I have always seen it named

I didn't mean anything salacious by the name, That is the way I have always seen it named

No worries mate, what you've put down is correct for that particula rairframe, but alas, not the one in my piccie.

Another clue....they are related !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back