The worlds worst whiskies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For me, the best way to enjoy these fine whiskies (and others) is to have small shots of them. Not downed in one gulp. Almost like sipping it.

Jack Daniels has a premium brand now. "Gentleman Jack" is actually quite good.

Gentleman Jack

I'm getting inspired now to build a bar in my garage and stock it with some fine whiskies from the US, Canada, UK and Ireland. If I ever do that and any of you come into town for the Chino airshow, I'll invite you over.

In the blue prints for the Timber Home that me and my wife wish to build in Alaska there is a bar built into the house and I am going to stock it with the whiskies that I have now (well some of the bottles might be empty by then and have to be replaced) and many other kinds as well as other drinks and several wine racks.

I will have to go to the shoppette on post tomorrow and see if they have the Gentlemens Jack so I can try it. Even if I dont like the drink I keep some stocked in the house such as Tequila, Jack Daniels and so forth just for my bar and for my guests and for mixing. I do like using Jack Daniels to cook.

Knob Creek, the affectionate name give to lanc's arse... ;)

I loke a good whiskey...Normally just have whatever my Dads having, so that'll be Teachers or Bell normally. Got a bottle of Famous Grouse for my birthday though :lol:

Its pretty good I suppose - but I have trouble telling the differences between drinks...Most wines taste the same to me, as do most beers and lagers, and its the same with Whiskey's...

:lol:

You haven't had good whiskey if you think they all taste the same.

I used to think the same thing about Tekillya. But while in the Detroit airport, they had a Cuervo Tequilaria. So dubiously, I went it. I asked for a Dos Equis and the best tequila they had for a tequila hater. $35 later, I had 1 pint and 1 shot in a brandy glass of Cuervo La Familia. One of the best liquors I have ever had. When I got home I checked on the price of a fifth. $135. To rich for my blood. If I had known that my round was gonna cost $35 I probably would never have tried it. Glad I did though.

Never heard of it either. I agree though if you cant tell the difference between a whiskey and even wine or beer for a matter of fact, you have not had a good one yet.

Each whiskey has its own distinct flavor.

That is why I like the Blue Label the most it has a nice smokey flavor to it and is rather smooth.

I know they all do, but to me they all just taste the same...I'll occasionally try some of the ales my dad has and I know I should recognise the difference but I cant...food on the other hand I can distiguish quite easily...Annoying really....

Here is the good stuff. You have to savor it though.

Attachments

• Blue Label.jpg
    Blue Label.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 79
It is. I would drink one now, but I dont want to waste the bottle. I will have a glass with my friend though on Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back