The worlds worst whiskies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Black and Red is good too I've heard.....tried them Adler?

Yeah I have tried them. I have a bottle of each as well as a Green Label as well. Since they are not as expensive as my Blue Label ($100 a bottle!!!!) that is what I drink most of the time because they are cheap and easy to get.

The reason I like Blue Label so much is because it has a nice smokey taste to it but is very smooth. The whiskies that are blended to make the Blue Label are aged 50 to 60 years. Each bottle is serial numbered and sold in a silk lined box.

The taste is just marvelous!

Here are my favorite Whiskies that I have in my collection at home:

Johnnie Walker Blue Label (blend)
21 Year Old Bushmills (single malt)
Jamesons 12 year old (blend)
Midleton Rare (blend)
Tullamore Dew (blend)
Glenmorangie (single malt)
Glenfiddich (single malt)

Just bought a 10 Year Old Bushmills (single malt).

Well Adler, you'd cry then if you saw all the whiskies in our warehouse then.... and rums, and vodkas, and beers, and....:lol:

Oh I have much more than what I listed there. Those are just my favorite.

syscom3 said:
At the liquor store, behind a locked counter was a 50 year old bottle of cognac for $1300.00

I could never pay that much for a bottle of alcohol. I dont care how much I like whiskey or cognac. $100 is allready a lot for a bottle in my opinion. You just drink the ****. $1300 is a waste of money in my opinion for a bottle. I dont care how good it is supposed to be.

The Aussie Corio - better known as Core ten
From a web page from the city where it happened (I wont say was made because that might imply some sort of quality) "Corio Whiskey soon became known as an unrefined, cheap and somewhat nasty product when compared to many of the Scotch whiskeys from Scotland. The Corio distillery closed in 1989"
The fact the factory closed down says it all.

Japan is a land that loves good whiskey. Working in Tokyo for a few days I walked out of the hotel and came across a small bar (little more than a kiosk with 4 seats) that just sold whiskey. I asked the "patron" if he had any "Old Pulteney" and his face lit up, he had had a bottle for over ten years and no one had ever asked for it and wanted to try it, so I paid for us both to share a "wee dram" and then he got me gently sizzled on others from his massive collection. It would be a memorable night if I remembered any more than how it started, it is a great whiskey though.

Japan is a land that loves good whiskey. Working in Tokyo for a few days I walked out of the hotel and came across a small bar (little more than a kiosk with 4 seats) that just sold whiskey. I asked the "patron" if he had any "Old Pulteney" and his face lit up, he had had a bottle for over ten years and no one had ever asked for it and wanted to try it, so I paid for us both to share a "wee dram" and then he got me gently sizzled on others from his massive collection. It would be a memorable night if I remembered any more than how it started, it is a great whiskey though.
I like Suntory, when I can find a bottle. Zimmerman's (East of the Loop) sometimes carries it. Japanese whiskey is very smooth, and like a fine single malt whisky, can be an acquired (and expensive) taste. I have often wondered about Col. Saito in the great WW2 movie "The Bridge On The River Kwai" and his bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label-- perhaps a taste he developed in his education in England??

Last edited:
I like Suntori (sic) when I can find a bottle. Zimmerman's (East of the Loop) sometimes carries it. Japanese whiskey is very smooth, and like a fine single malt whisky, can be an acquired (and expensive) taste. I have often wondered about Col. Saito in the great WW2 movie "The Bridge On The River Kwai" and his bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label-- perhaps a taste he developed in his education in England??
Whiskey in the far east is a different experience. I took a bottle of Old Pulteney to China and managed to get all twenty of my co workers and five of the management of the company I was working at falling down drunk with it. Many in the far east are alcohol intolerant, for the life of me I don't understand why they don't just drink beer. Even then, that isnt a safe option, a guy on my squad collapsed in a bar toilet and smashed his head after one 220 ml bottle of Karlsberg drunk too quickly.

Old thread. While I have some scotches (JW black label and gold label; Dewars; The Hakushu) I am primarily an Irish (Powers, Jameson Black) or Bourbon drinker. I have a number of Bourbons but by far the favorite is Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year old.

I also prefer Armagnac to Cognac. Currently drinking Chateau de Labaude Extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back