Things that can piss you off (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

my dad has a great way of dealing with them, simpy sit the phone down somewhere (not hanging up) and just walk away, leave the person or machine chatting away, just remember to put the reciever down a few minutes later..........

I have a better one, but it's unique to me - My Mrs is a widow - her hubby died about 25 years ago, and I have the perfect (and truthful) reply when telemarketers ask for "Mr Hall" - I just say "You can't talk to him, he's dead" :)

We bought new phones recently that say the number on the screen, like a mobile phone. If it looks like something pointless, we just dont answer. Job done!

Not sure yet. Trying to work with Dell. I'm hoping that I can boot up with a disk drive (ie CD-RW drive) and then either extract data or "fix" hard drive by "bypassing" bad hard drive sectors. I know that this is possible if the HD is not catastrophic, but don't know how to do it.

Going to the restroom to only wash your hands in a restaurant prior to ordering your dish...you return to the table where your friends are. You are wearing kaki pants; you notice your friends laugh as you approach the table..."what?"

The zipper area of your pants got splashed by water, when you washed your hands...kaki pants lovely marked with water drops in the crotch area...so it looks like you took a pee but you are not that accurate when doing it.

Your cellphone commences ringing in your room...at a moment where your room is a complete and massive mess...so what you hear is a blurred muzzy sound...but you know the bloody device is inside your room.

You dive into your bed, momentarily covered with half a ton of your clothing and stuff: you start throwing everything away: wet towels, socks, trousers, boxers, pants, shirts, t-shirts, ties, thongs (from female visitors) and all kinds of stuff and material, and you simply will not find it.

(This happened to me once, when i was still in the process of deciding on whether to use cellphones; now i am beyond the scenario, but can become real if you are a cellphone user -and if your room is in constant state of chaos) :)

Matt:lol: :lol:

Not my case! In fact i am the kind of person obsessed with order; if things are not in the place they belong -at my place, of course- i can not go ahead with my daily tasks...

When the cellphone thing happened, i think i had just returned from some trip and had just unpacked my luggage. :lol:

Bouncing checks.

Again, not your case. Right Udet? :)

I am probably wrong here, but I thought that this thread was supposed to be those superficial things that P you off, have happened to you, and are somewhat esoteric. I think that I need to read the start of this thread again.

Needing exact change and dropping a penny and it rolls under some furniture.

Again, not your case. Right Udet? :).

Exactly! Are you a clairvoyant or what?

So far i have never worked independently to receive payment via checks.

When i commenced the thread i had both things in mind: sharing some experiences that happened to me and pissed me off -but that in most cases become funny as time passes-, as well as sharing those i have had the chance to see happening to other guys, and even commenting some that although "hypothetical" smell like pissing off experiences.

For example:

The case of the guy who experienced becoming notoriously fat as a consequence of becoming a member of Mc Donalds FFP (frequent fatass program) and had to go a wedding party wearing a suit that made him look like Porky Pig pretending to look like Rudolf Nureyev, the last time i ate in Mc Donalds, as a little boy, was when my parents decided to go there; so after leaving my parents nest and gaining full freedom i have never been to one (except for a couple times when going out with friends that in a democratic process overwhelmed me, so i had to eat at the place).

If you do not know who Rudolf Nureyev was, but more importantly how he looked, do a google search (images) typing his name: my point will be clear for you in a couple of seconds.

Cheers!

Another one that -yes- did not happened to me, but to a NYC dear friend. I am not sure if you could classify it as "pissing off experience", since it could certainly become a scene in hollywood comedy:

He went to this coffee bar in his home city, brought a book to read and his iPod. As he was reading his book with a smelly cup of coffee, listening to his fav songs on his iPod, he apparently lost consciousness of the "outside-world", as he got "disconnected" and "isolated" by the music...he commenced farting, but since he could not hear how powerful the farting was, he let it go, freely.

Then he took a fast glimpse outside his book, and noticed the people in all surrounding tables were petrified staring at him in disbelief....:lol: :lol:

I can be sure any of those persons who were at the coffee place when my friend unleashed his gases at will could come up with this lovely story as a very pissing off experience.

:lol:

I've been on telecons REALLY early in the morning and had someone interrupt and announce, "Whomever is breathing loudly, please wake up!".

It was me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back