THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO "HMMMMMMM"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know a few anti-vaxxers. Sometimes I think their justification of their position stems from just plain laziness. Kind of like the idiots pushing the "green" agenda, "If we could just go back to a time before the industrial revolution, then everything would be perfect." But a pre-industrial utopia with all the modern conveniences, you know, 'cause everything will run by magic.

Call me an idiot. Better to start adjusting now. I believe it's only a matter of time before we are forced.

Plague advocates. Yes, there is a certain segment of the population that actually dreams of a worldwide pandemic that will rid the planet of "excess population".

I call them "plague advocates".
YES AND YEA again fortunately the virus is seldom fatal though there are some pretty severe after infection complications.
Measles is HIGHLY, HIGHLY contagious. Pre-1960 almost no one made it to adult without having contracted measles. One measles case generally infected 12 to 18 other children accidently at times though Mom deliberately took me to play with a kid that had measles. She knew that it was better to contract the disease when young as it get much worse as you got older. An infected person is contagious 4 days prior to the rash and 4 days after the rash disappears. What's more the virus will remain active and infectious in the air for over two hours. One out of every 20 measles cases develop pneumonia. One out of 1,000 develop encephalitis with convulsions, deafness, and intellectual impairment. For every 1,000 cases 2 will die. Although it is rare Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) is a fatal disease of the central nervous that can develop 7 to 10 years after a measles infection,
Measles ability to spread is almost unbelievable. Back in 1991, Minneapolis-St. Paul hosted the Special Olympics. A competitor from Argentina who was infected with measles arrived in the Twin Cities to compete. That one case led to an outbreak of more than 25 other cases in multiple states over three generations of spread.
Many of the people who contracted measles in this outbreak had no known contact with the child. The investigation concluded some most likely were infected during the event's opening ceremonies — even though they were seated in the upper deck of the domed stadium, more than 100 feet above the point where the teams paraded into the event.
So infectious is measles that even after 2 doses of the MMR vaccine 3 out of every 100 will still get the disease though in a much milder form.
So in short while I really don't care if you decide to vaccinate YOUR kids, their ability to spread the disease beyond themselves make them a hazard to me and mine. I highly resent that. Your rights END where my nose begins!

A crane (not the bird) collapsed on an apartment house in Dallas. The spokesman said they were bringing in dogs to look for "people alive, deceased or otherwise". How do you train dogs to look for people otherwise?

fortunately the virus is seldom fatal though there are some pretty severe after infection complications.
I'm surprised everybody's going so crazy over this because most people are vaccinated, and it is rarely fatal (1/500). I figured it was just a cynical way to go after the Chasidic community (they are located throughout Rockland) who most people view negatively.
Although it is rare Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) is a fatal disease of the central nervous that can develop 7 to 10 years after a measles infection
The statistical odds of developing SSPE is 1/10000. The problem with this one is that, if it's caught in stage 1, you survive, past stage 2, you're doomed. It's 100% fatal at that point. The odds of it spreading to infants, however, are somewhere between 1/690-1/695.

I'm surprised everybody's going so crazy over this because most people are vaccinated, and it is rarely fatal (1/500). I figured it was just a cynical way to go after the Chasidic community (they are located throughout Rockland) who most people view negatively.
That initial statement was true prior to about 2000 or so but the Ant-Vaxxers and complacency have altered that statement.
The Rubella virus is one of the most contagious agents known to man. People are contagious from 1 to 2 days before symptoms start and remain contagious for 7 to 10 days after the rash fades. Individuals have become infected an hour after visiting the same location (e.g.: Doctor's Office or an ER waiting room) that an infected person had been in and the two individuals had never come into contact with each other. Then we have particularly vulnerable people—children less than 12 months old, people with abnormal immune systems like those undergoing cancer treatment, who are unable to receive the vaccine, and whose bodies are not as able to fight off the infection.

While Measles in and of itself is seldom fatal it can cause pneumonia and encephalitis, which can be fatal. Pneumonia occurs in 6 percent of measles cases and is the most common cause of death. Neurological infection is rare, occurring in only 1 out of 1000 measles cases, but with a much higher risk of permanent harm including death.
Following measles infection, there is a loss of immune memory that results in immunosuppression, which increases risk for mortality for up to three years after the measles infection. Additionally, rare but potentially fatal complications can occur after infection, including a demyelinating disease called Acute Disseminated EncephaloMyelitis (ADEM), which can occur two weeks after infection, and Subacute Sclerosing PanEncephalitis (SSPE), which typically occurs 7-10 years after infection.
The vaccine was introduced in 1967. In a study that looked at measles cases in the US between 1967 and 1985, they calculated that the vaccine prevented 5,200 deaths and 17,000 cases of mental retardation. So it's hardly a "common cold" benign illness. The problem is you can't tell for whom it's going to be a serious illness and for who it's not. Statistics show that 3 in 1,000 kids who get the measles will die. Those are pretty favorable odds for a single individual but if everyone is vaccinated, 0 out of 1,000 kids will die. Before the vaccine, there were 500 deaths a year in the US from measles, and now it's completely preventable. It is, simply put, a totally nonsensical risk for any parent to take for their child no matter what the odds PLUS the fact remains that your infected child now has the potential of becoming the agent whereby another child could die.

A crane (not the bird) collapsed on an apartment house in Dallas. The spokesman said they were bringing in dogs to look for "people alive, deceased or otherwise". How do you train dogs to look for people otherwise?

Definitely zombies...

The statistical odds of developing SSPE is 1/10000. The problem with this one is that, if it's caught in stage 1, you survive, past stage 2, you're doomed. It's 100% fatal at that point. The odds of it spreading to infants, however, are somewhere between 1/690-1/695.

Surprised that people are going crazy over measles? Really? Its a completely preventable disease when a perfectly safe vaccine is administered. It shouldbe erradicated, yet because some irresponsible parents who get their "facts" about vaccines from social media and conspiracy theory nutjob websites, and then refuse to vax their kids, others are put at risk.

Over 1000 cases of measels in the US this year...

And then you have children like my 7 month old son who is too young to get the first dose of the vaccine, so he is needlessly put at risk because of these morons.

24962E48-E4AE-45B0-ADB6-7BD0635E504D.jpeg

I lost a friend of mine to Measles when I was a kid.

Sure, it's only fatal to a small percentage of the overall population - but it's like playing Russian Roulette: you don't know who'll live and who'll die until after the fact...

If I remember, measles is lethal about 1% of the time given advanced medical care. It can also result in permanent disabilities, including deafness, blindness, and brain damage.

Anti-vaxxers (I like the term plague advocates) also refuse to vaccinate against polio. Maybe they get funding from a the iron lung cartel.

In my view. these diseases increased when the illegals were transported around the country. Look at Typhus and the uncurable strains of pneumonia in California. Even warning of the Plague. In central America, much of the population goes un vaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back