As to the tone of my reply, that is something that we will have to disagree on, it was in my opinion deserved and deliberate. There were two points that got my goat as they say.
1) The emphasis of the word NOT, it wasn't needed, added nothing and put an aggressive tone that was out of place.
2) I cannot find anywhere any acknowledgement or thanks from you for the huge effort put into this thread, which surpasses anything that I have seen on any thread on any forum.
The fact that you have done decades of research doesn't excuse you from acknowledging the work that went into it. Neither does it mean that you have the right to be aggresive. As I said I found what you said interesting, it was the how it was said.
Your post was deliberate, but in my opinion, not deserved. It was sarcastic and taking the piss.
1. Your use of the word 'emphasis' sums up exactly what I was doing in putting the word 'not' in capitals. If you thought it was agressive, that's your problem.
2. There is no obligation upon anyone, on any forum, to state anything about threads or posts. You imply that I should post an acknowledgement or thanks for the thread. Why? I am not beholden to it, or its author. I really don't follow the logic or criticism in your second point.
I have not claimed the right to anything. You are the one putting that on me. Also, I don't see the connection between 'decades of research' and 'acknowledging the work', as you put it. The two do not inter-connect. What's your point exactly?
To reiterate: I posted the correct information regarding Otto Hintze. What had been posted was incorrect information, which has been perpetrated in print, and since its advent, the internet. The simple fact is, the correct information has been out there since 1990.
You are a stright talker, and I have no problem with that. But there is no excuse for the sarcasm and jibe that you displayed in quoting/replying to my post regarding Otto Hintze.
And in case there are any doubters out there, here's a pic of me with Otto Hintze taken at his home in Munich. He's on the left of the photo. On the right is Eberhard von Treutschler d'Elsa, Staffelkapitän of 5./ZG 26 during the Western Campaign in the Spring of 1940.