Three different Axis kills

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
1,277
466
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Location
St Joseph, Missouri
While researching the Pima Air Museum's P-51D "Bad Angel", I read that Lt Gerdes was one of only 3 Allied fighter pilots to shoot down aircraft from three axis countries. I've now found two of them. Can someone direct me to th third?
 

Attachments

  • kills-threecountry.jpg
    kills-threecountry.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 181
There are more than three Allied aces to make claims against three different Axis countries. Off the top of my head some Australian pilots are - Clive Caldwell. Bobby Gibbes, John Jackson, Bob Whittle, Pete Turnbull. Most of these have German Italian and Vichy French kills to there name, some with Japanese. No doubt there are more (I'd have to look into it in more detail), plus I'm guessing a heap from the RAF.
HTH
 
Thanks for the info Wildcat. I thought that sounded kind of low, could it be that there are 3 American pilots with 3 country kills?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back