tips for BnZ gunnery...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sgt. Pappy

Airman 1st Class
Jun 7, 2006
Hey, I'm back and just installed IL-2 1946.

Wondering how everyone dispatches of the enemies before they shoot you down. I was going to post this on the ubi forums but my threads keep disappearing after a few days for some reason even thought it's a nice friendly talk.

Anyway, i made a quick mission flying against AI veteran La-7's and after some tries, my 3 average wingmen and myself got 1 and 3 Lalas respectively with relative ease. My aiming, i thought, however, needed some polishing as everytime i dropped my spit's flaps and made them overshoot, i could get right back on their tales but i'd miss a lot.

So i set up another mission... this time with 4 Ju-87B's, 4 G's and 4 He111's. I started attacking the smallest ones - the Ju87Bs. I dove from about 3.00 away from high 6 at a near 50 degree angle at about 60% throttle, trimmed slightly down when necessary. Guns were setup to converge at 220m and so, i got my spitfire Mk.VIII (non-clipped wing) into position at around 0.30 - 0.20 from the target. I let out a burst of only my 2 hispanos so as not to shake the plane. No damage, but i at least 5 shots are seen hitting the plane. After i get rid of the Ju87B's, i attack the G's in the same manner. they never take damage despite how many times i hit them while they fire just TWO MG shells and my engine sets on fire. Lucky hit, i assume so wen i start again the same thing happens.

I don't even want to start talking about the Heinkels.

Also, more often than not, i can't seem to get my plane into the right position, then i just end up overshooting. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back