To introduce myself

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Thorlifter.....that would be Humble near Houston. The company I work for is based at IAH. Humble is 7 miles NE of IAH

DynCorp? There is a company named DynCorp at Ellington AFB that is maintaining those aircraft now....same people different name? The only reason I left is because they were unionized. Each 4 or 5 yrs contracts are renegotiated. It was at that time when Dynalectron went out on strike. I couldnt wait for them to settle so I got a different job. Had it not been for that, I'd probably still be there...it was a very good job, I loved it and I met some very famous people associated with the space program. I have some good memories although most are a bit fuzzy! LOL

Hi...interesting forum y'all have here. A friend, db2i, recommended this site due to my affiliation with aviation and his love for WW11 aircraft.

My career started in 1962 ibn the US Air Force ultimately becoming a B-52 Crew Chief. My career has continued uninterrupted to this day. I am the Chief of Maintenance for a corporate operator here in Houston. We operate a Dassault Falcon 50 EX. I have been with this company for 21 years. I hold a FAA A&P license as well as an FAA IA. Prior to the company I work for today, I worked for a NASA contractor (Dynalectron) maintaining T-38's, T-33 and Gulf Stream G1 at Ellington AFB. We also had a P3 and C130 used for "earth resources" and two high altitude RB-57s. It was a GREAT job for 5 years.

I love WWII aircraft but have only worked minutely on two that belonged to the CAF (Confederate Air Force)...A TBF and a Jap Zero. That was many years ago. Anyway, I am happy to find another forum I can relate to. I look forward to some interesting discussions.

Thanks David for the link!
Dozer, Welcome to the site! New voices always welcome!

No worries about the BT-13. I was only curious about the gray Zero because it used to sit in the hangar at Camarillo. I am with the SoCal Wing of the CAF. That Zero went to Ford Island and is now on display at the new museum of the Pacific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back