Top Ten Lists

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay here's a better question for you Lanc. Which do you like better on the Lancaster, radial or inline engines? And don't say both. Thats cheating. :D

Inlines Definately!!

compare the two say otherwise!

From handbook of great aircraft of WWII by A.Price M.Spick

Attachments

• radial_lanc_1_162.jpg
    radial_lanc_1_162.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 375
  • inline_lanc_1_199.jpg
    inline_lanc_1_199.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 365
  • radial_lanc_2_750.jpg
    radial_lanc_2_750.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 370
  • inline_lanc_2_316.jpg
    inline_lanc_2_316.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 366
  • radial_lanc_3_686.jpg
    radial_lanc_3_686.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 380
  • inline_lanc_3_192.jpg
    inline_lanc_3_192.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 364
Excellent pics. :cool:
I have to admit, I agree with BT. The radials didn't look that bad at all, and would have undoubtedly been more durable.
But then it just wouldn't really be a Lancaster, would it? :-k

Guys guys guys, you wanna see a hard question for lanc on the Lancaster? Try this.

With an ambient air temperature of 14 degrees Celsius, with a humidity of 60%, at what speed did the starboard wheel retract (in furlongs per minute) upon take off with a 12mph crosswind from the left at about 80 degrees?

When i look at the radial pics of the lanc, I cant help but think of the Wellington for some reason....

The Radial engined Wellington looked better than the inline version of the wimpey, it somehow seems to suit it more...

CC. You cannot solve the problem until you know the diameter of the tyres in number of hands.

yes you can, just watch me..............

With an ambient air temperature of 14 degrees Celsius, with a humidity of 60%, at what speed did the starboard wheel retract (in furlongs per minute) upon take off with a 12mph crosswind from the left at about 80 degrees?

right well the effects of the temperature, humidity and such a slight cross wind will be negligable, so effectively you're asking at what speed did the starboard undercarrage retract??

Does anyone have a pic of the Manchester?[/quote]

your request is my command! :D Heres a couple along with some data taken from Handbook of great aircraft of WWII by A.price M.Spick

Attachments

• manchester_in_flight_999.jpg
    manchester_in_flight_999.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 279
  • manchester_mk_i_from_lancaster_in_action_book_200.jpg
    manchester_mk_i_from_lancaster_in_action_book_200.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 276
  • manchester_mk_ia_694.jpg
    manchester_mk_ia_694.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 275
  • man_1_details_851.jpg
    man_1_details_851.jpg