TRAITOR!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I understand it, he will be charged for ITAR breach. This carries a fine of up to $1,000,000 or up to ten years in prison, or both, for each violation.

This story is strange. An event that happened over 10 years ago and trained pilots in a foreign flight school. In the stories I see no evidence of sensitive secret info being compromised. When I see stories like this, I tend to think they are made up to make someone's private website more popular. What would happen to this guy if he trained pilots from Germany, Japan Etc.?

This story is strange. An event that happened over 10 years ago and trained pilots in a foreign flight school. In the stories I see no evidence of sensitive secret info being compromised. When I see stories like this, I tend to think they are made up to make someone's private website more popular. What would happen to this guy if he trained pilots from Germany, Japan Etc.?

This is from CNN, hardly a private website:

Duggan faces four charges, including conspiracy to defraud the United States by conspiracy to unlawfully export defense services to China, conspiracy to launder money, and two counts of violating the arms export control act and international traffic in arms regulations.

So you see nothing wrong with this?
Prior to WWII a RAF pilot went to Japan and taught their pilots how to T/O and Land on carriers.
Also how to carry large bombs on small planes............ Sure, nothing wrong with that either.

So you see nothing wrong with this?
Prior to WWII a RAF pilot went to Japan and taught their pilots how to T/O and Land on carriers.
Also how to carry large bombs on small planes............ Sure, nothing wrong with that either.
Maybe I should be paranoid like the rest of you all and looking for the little man hiding in the closet. As for the RAF pilot, so what! Jimmy Doolittle studied dive bombing with Stuka's. The Japanese attack of pearl harbor will be forever one of the greatest surprise attacks.

Were those laws in affect ten years ago, and does the USA have legal override of a citizen of another country. The man I believe is an Australian citizen

He might not have been bright on the radar but could have faced the same penalties. He knew the law, was told to knock it off bit continued to violate ITAR laws which I know he was debriefed about when he left the Marines. This guy is a scumbag.

Reading the history of this chap, he is an Australian citizen and had renounced his US citizenship. The flight school in question applied for(falsely) purchase approval of a T2 Buckeye for training. A real threat? The US and Aust military could take care of that in about 5 minutes.

And please stop with your rhetorical BS - this was a blatant violation of US law and this individual, who was a commissioned Marine officer knew what he was doing.
my my, you get upset early! At the time he was not in the US service. Why is it that most Americans think that they command the laws in other countries.

Reading the history of this chap, he is an Australian citizen and had renounced his US citizenship. The flight school in question applied for(falsely) purchase approval of a T2 Buckeye for training. A real threat?
He shared operational flight procedures (which in some cases were probably confidential at a minimum) with a hostile foreign government. They could be flying a Supercub, it don't matter.
The US and Aust military could take care of that in about 5 minutes.
Yeah, put him in irons and lead him to a cell for 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back