Transit, movie on U-Tube

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tyrodtom

Senior Master Sergeant
Sep 6, 2010
pound va
There's a Russian movie on U-Tube called Transit 2006, about P-39's flown to Russia via the Alaska route.
Unusual story, but the props, the ground bound P-39's deserve a academy award, they never fly, but whoever made those props did a fine job. I think even the vehicles were close to period correct.

I think the tricyle geared aircraft they show in the traffic pattern are Yak-? trainers.

I don't think they used the ATA pilots on the North West Staging route , I could be wrong but don't believe they served outside continental US

I figured that was all bs, but i'm surprised at the accuracy of some of the props, not what you would get from Hollywood for sure .
Not too sure about the paint schemes on the P-39's, i'll leave that to the experts on here.

It's like part of the story is missing. The base commander went from harrassing everybody to suddenly gone and his murder being investigated.

I've watched several late Russian movies on U-tube recently, their freedom from the old USSR censorship has brought out some interresting viewpoints.

Yes, it seems like part has been skipped. I thought maybe I'd missed one part somewhere, but I watched all ten parts. I did notice that a couple of parts were shorter than others.

I think its all there. If you watch, there are some things that suddenly become apparent. I just chalked it up the style of the film-maker. I really enjoyed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back