Trumpeter 1/32 BAC Lightning build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Super job ian lanc!

That is a model that just says PICK ME! PICK ME! at any contest!

I loved the clean detail in the cockpit. The seat belts are SUPER!

The best part, to me, is you didn't over do the panel lines. Yes, I can see them, but they don't jump out!

This plane looks like I could jump in a fly it!

I have seen one BAC Lightning in real life. That was 1982 in Dhahran, Saudi Arabian while I was there in the US Air Force. It was in the bone yard. Sadly, I wasn't allowed to take any pictures.

Soap box time ----

I know a big thing is detailing panel lines. But most seem to me to be way over done. Remember that we are looking at a model that is how many scale feet (meters) from our eye balls. Many modelers today forget that. I have stood back 33' (10 meters) from real aircraft. You just don't see the panel lines the way some model them. This gets to be a bigger deal the smaller the scale. If anyone wishes to politely discuss this, I welcome that. I just don't want to start a war.

Off of the Soap Box ----

Again great job!!

SALUTE!

Bill G.

I'm with you Jan, but not in 1/32nd scale, I ain't got the room!
I agree with you Bill, Ian has done a good job on the panel lines. The Lightning had many different coloured metals, in 'bare metal' finish, and the panel lines did show up; Ian has replicated this well. But you're right, many modellers do the panel lines etc, making for a beautiful looking model - but that's it, a model. I believe they should be done to be visible at a scale 'close up' distance, then blend-in further away, as on the real thing.
Wayne is the master of this; his panel lines always look 'right'.

Thats bloody awesome i hope my F6 turns out that good but it will have to wait till after south africa flying out on monday woohoo.BB

Thats bloody awesome i hope my F6 turns out that good but it will have to wait till after south africa flying out on monday woohoo.BB

Hi,

When you do start your F6 make sure your main undercarriage legs are a bit shorter !!
by about 10mm,Trumpeter took detail photo's of a F1 with NO engines in it,This made
the Aircraft sit up higher than one which has engines in. This wasn't spotted by modellers
until 8 months after trumpeter released the kit.

Watch out on the front undercarriage its all plastic and weak, don't forget to add plenty
of lead to the nose so it sits on its nose, but not too much that it could break the front
leg.

Alot of modding is needed to make it look correct.

ian.

hi,
i do not build jet aircraft ,but thats a verry cool looking plane you build, i like it!!:D

piet.

Hi Ian,
I was very interested to see this post but how can I view the first images, since they appeared to have been removed to photobucket

Ian hasn't been here for some time.
Unfortunately, systems such as 'Photobucket' tend to expire after time, losing the images on the forum. hence the preference for up-loading direct to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back