Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The version ihad was an early yellow wing one and only had beaching wheels that where bolted to the body it was a really attractive scheme .BB

Mine is a post-war, retractable wheels, so I can opt to have them out or in. The sceme is pretty nice, blue, red, yellow, with a nice rescue.

The biggest ones I have now are the 1/48 B17 and 1/48 PBY / OA Catalina. Then I have a bunch of 1/72's, not a lot but for the space I have it cant compare. I could say I have about 10 kits, maybe 2 plus or less, not going to count.

Why doesnt your brother go active on here and share his work? (Or has he?)

Nah, he hasn't. I don't know why he doesn't, he keeps mentioning it but never actually does. Like I said though, he takes forever to do anything! He's been working on that B-29 for ages now, I've finished half a Corsair, an Avenger, Corsair, almost a Helldiver in the time he's painted the interior. As big as it looks, there's not really a lot to it.

Is he slow working on it or slow finding the time to work on it? Just tell to half ass it and get the fuselage together. In my experience the cockpit is always the spirit of the journey, open the kit and the first thing you do is the interior. Once the fuselage goes together the buzz dies off, your like wow, now I have to sand and putty for hours and do all this stupid crap, damnit! :eek:

:lol:

It's slow working on it (meaning he hardly does). He's on summer vacation with a part time job, so he's got plenty of time to do it. If I can do it with a full time job, and still manage a social life, he can too! He hasn't used putty at all yet really, so he can't use that excuse! :lol:

Im on summer too, I dont have a job but sometimes I get damn tired of working on my stuff :lol:. It gets most annoying with lacquer paints, I have to run outside set up my area spray it, clean up, wait 2 days and repeat. Since I stubbornly chose a lot of NMF birds in my kit ive got a lot of hustlin to do.

Sounds like your bro needs something to get him in the mood, possibly a little 1/72 wildcat or something, something that he feel will be easy and get all his model juice running. Hey, we all loose the desire from time to time, gotta kick it back into gear. Like I am so ready to stick this P61 on the shelf and start a 1/72, grr

Hello to you all (from France)
Very nice job BB
I am waiting for this beautiful kit. We must have patience in France !
Regards
Bernard

My dad built one and he said it went together quite easily. He is 84 and building real,balsa and plastic since the late 30's. If he gives it the thumbs up you can bet your life that it is that good.Same with any of the Wingnut Wings WW1 stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back