Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks wayne god knows what i should build next any suggestions people HeHe.BB

I like 1/32 wayne so any suggestions in that scale ta . your not far from the truth lucky it is a big model but she does have pride of place in the living room.BB

Hi guys don,t know whats been going on in the skys over felixstowe but we had harvards flying around and a mk19 spit flying about well i think it was a 19 it had the five bladed prop i think it may be the one from duxford it looked bl**dy superb flying around .BB

I've achieved two major things today. The first was joining this forum and the second, opening the box of my 1:32 Swordfish! I'm now wondering where the hell all the bits go. I work with model cars for a living and have recently returned to aircraft as a relaxation. I'm not quite as relaxed now I've been through the box but I'm sure I'll find out more in time and get good advice from everyone out there! ..John Roberts

Hi somersetflyer just follow the instructions stage by stage and you will not go wrong but don,t try to skip or do anything different or you will have problems if you get stuck just ask for help i should be able to give some advice as i have already built the swordfish and trackend trust me this kit is not the tamiya model its far better.BB

Thanks for that suggestion mags i have seen the trumpeter avenger built up in hannants and its a superb kit its actually on my possibles list but like you say it is expensive like most trumpeter kits .BB

Yeah, a lot of money but a lot of detail. I'm sure you'd do it great justice, but you could snatch 2 - 4 1/32 kits for the price of the one avenger. Either way, you're going to make great models out of them!!

I know where your coming from mate i picked up a 1/32 macchi 202 veltro by 21 centry toys for just £7 so i recon i could get a whole squadron for the price of one avenger .and thanks for the comments mate .BB

I myself am very tempted to go after an Avenger, but that will wait for now, as I've got a stash I need to get through first! I don't want to be like Wayne or others and die with 100 + models sitting in a closet, nor will my parents let me! We're running out of room to display the things, and now we're also running out of room to store the boxes of the ones waiting to be built! :lol:

Yeah, I started to realize the other day.. Wow, building a kit means having space for when its done, and I barely have any now! So no more kits for awhile, should let me buy more paints and such this way.

Or just buy Navy planes and have the wings folded! :lol:

My ceiling's full, and between my brother and I (more me, as he takes forever to finish a model), we're filling up the bookshelves in our basement, and I've had to disassemble some of my Star Wars Lego that I've had for years to make room. And the stuff in my stash isn't small either, I've got a Hs 129 in 1/48 (ok, not that big) but a 1/32 Stuka plus a 1/350th USS Franklin! I have a spot for the Franklin planned, but nothing else.

Sorry BB, you can have your thread back now! :)

I myself am very tempted to go after an Avenger, but that will wait for now, as I've got a stash I need to get through first! I don't want to be like Wayne or others and die with 100 + models sitting in a closet, nor will my parents let me! We're running out of room to display the things, and now we're also running out of room to store the boxes of the ones waiting to be built! :lol:

100+!? If only. Try 300+! And that's after getting rid of about half of them. They won't need to fill my grave in with dirt - just shovel all my unbuilt kits and models on top of me, that should do the trick. They'll even have some left over to make a monument to me and the epitaph would read "A man's reach should exceed his grasp.", or some other such rubbish.

Venganza

Last edited:
The biggest ones I have now are the 1/48 B17 and 1/48 PBY / OA Catalina. Then I have a bunch of 1/72's, not a lot but for the space I have it cant compare. I could say I have about 10 kits, maybe 2 plus or less, not going to count.

Why doesnt your brother go active on here and share his work? (Or has he?)

Yeah, If I knew how to do water well I would so dio it. But it will most likely be on its wheels for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back