Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh - thought you meant a full-size mock-up at the Expo! Saw a 1:1 Red Arrows Hawk at the IPMS UK Nationals once. Made of plastic and GRP, but fully fitted out, and looked real. The RAF used to cart a GRP 1:1 'model' Jaguar around for exhibitions too, that's why I thought you meant something similar!
I'll shut up now and go and stand in the corner!

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG
Hi guys here are some more pics of the swordfish this time with some paint on i would recommend that anybody building this kit paints the body first due to the nature of the way she goes together.BB:)

Is there word on anyone planning to release aftermarket parts for the 1/32 Swordfish? I would really like crew figures (no one seems to make seated ones in 1/32). What about photo-etch details?

Hi guys here are some more pics of the swordfish this time with some paint on i would recommend that anybody building this kit paints the body first due to the nature of the way she goes together.BB:)

Thanks for the tip on the painting, BB! Did you use the kit-supplied wires for the tail bracing wires? By the way, she's looking great! You're making great progress on it.

Venganza

Is there word on anyone planning to release aftermarket parts for the 1/32 Swordfish? I would really like crew figures (no one seems to make seated ones in 1/32). What about photo-etch details?

Give it a little time, and I'm sure there'll be some aftermarket products. I bet Eduard is making a photo-etch set right now.

Venganza

Yes i did use the photo etch in the kit its pretty good and makes for a robust model i love the way they have thought out the wings i would like to have some after market decals for an silver one now that would look cool.Sorry about the pics terry sometimes irfam works sometimes it does,nt.BB Cheers for the coments guys .

Looks very impressive BB, nice work. Make sure you 'Save' the re-sized pics in Irfanview, and there shouldn't be a problem.
Dav12, there are seated, positionable aircrew figures available in 1/32nd scale, Luftwaffe, RAF, U.S. and I think Japanese, either from Eduard or Verlinden, and some other company I can't remember the name of! They're about £5 or more each though, so it's worth looking at converting other types of figure, or 'enhancing' some of the 'stiff' ones found in some kits. I've got two or three of the latter you can have if you want them.
Terry.

Last edited:
Well just spent 8 hours on one side of the wings and its lookin good more pics to follow.BB

I included the shot of the end of the wing so you could see how the struts fitted to the wing at the fuselage end please be aware that there are two sets of these one for open wings and one set for folded wings the way they have done these struts makes it very easy to get the top and bottom wings lined up .Thanks for the comments guys.BB

I'm not seeing these latest pictures. All I see are boxes with a small box with a red "x" in it. Anyone got any ideas why I can't see them?

Venganza

Just a brief update she now has both wings on the only glitch i have found so far is the etched wing wires some are a little long but thats easy to remedy will post more pics as she progresses.BB

Venganza, 'wipe' the cursor over the box, and it should then 'shrink' to just a box with a red 'X', plus a small prompt about ctrl+shift etc. Ignore the prompt, and click on the box with the 'x', and the picture should open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back