TSA is out of control

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I travel a lot and had a few run ins with these turds. First of all you have to watch the way you argue with them as at that moment they do "have the power." In my case I can have immediate revocation of my commercial pilot's licence if I allowed things to get ugly with these folks.

TSA allows you to bring tools as on board carry ons. I have a carry on tool box that I have been challenged on many times. I have a copy of the page from their Internet site that calls out the rules and I was still challenged but at that point I have found that the officer usually making the fuss doesn't know his or her own rules. In the end I always went through and on at least one occasion was able to make a comment about "not trusting the airlines to my valuable tools that would enable me to make in 3 days what you (the TSA officer) would make in a month."

I recognize they have a job to do but the whole being of this organization is wrong, the biggest government waste outside of Obama's health care plan IMO.

wow.....you can't bring aboard any sharp objects, but you can bring aboard tools? what a contradiction....

and the TSA was formed approximately 2 months after 9/11 and signed into law by bush :p

Actually you can bring a sharp object on board an airliner as long as the blade isn't more than 3" and is stored in a sheathing.

wow.....like a box cutter?

those could still be used as weapons, tho. but even if they could, there are air marshals aboard (none of which have a single story of catching a terrorist) and the cockpit doors have been reinforced. the reinforced cockpit door was the only good thing to come out of that.

This is as unbelievable as the guy in the mask. like matt I know what i'd like to say but it would just be venting.. mouth shut

its truely sad...one's freedom gets slighted for one's "security". but really what better options do we have? i wouldnt get on an aircraft where people and their bags havent gone through any kind of screening. you have kooks that put C4 in their shoes...underwear...and just came across this older report ( which was probably already posted) of them surgically putting them in animals! its a lose lose situation at best and i dont see it getting any better any time soon.

Explosives found stitched inside the dogs bound for the US | TopNews United Kingdom

Explosives found stitched inside the dogs bound for the US

It has emerged that in Iran, the AL-Qaeda operatives tried to blow up a US-bound airplane by deploying two dogs. According to a report in Le Figaro, the respected French daily newspaper, the plan failed due to the death of the two dogs, as the bombs were badly stitched.

According to the Christopher Naudin, who is the French criminologist and an aviation security expert, the case shows the determination of the Al-Qaeda organization, who want to spread terrorism at any cost. According the New York Post, the plot was revealed before two years, when the terrorists from the Al-Qaeda organization picked up two stray dogs from the streets and implanted powerful bombs in them.

Then they placed these dogs in kennel carrier and booked on a flight to USA from Bagdad Airport. On theBagdad airport, US soldiers, who were manning the cargo area of the airport, noticed that the two dogs were dead, before the dogs were put abroad the flight.

When checked for the cause of the death, they retrieved the explosives and the detonators which were stitched inside the body of the dogs.

I never heard that before bobby. Still male security searching females! How would you feel if some rent-a-cop is running his hand up your 8 yo daughter's crotch while #2 is squeezing your wife's breasts

well actually, my oldest daughter flew very shortly after 9/11. she was screened in detroit by a male soldier in national guard. she asked the guy his name...he presumed she was going to levie a complaint. she told him if she was going to get felt up she at least wanted to be on a first name basis with the guy. the guy fell all over himself apologizing but still gave her the full monty. i have flown many times and and dealt with TSA and foreign security agencies....with all the political correctness and stuff...i highly doubt except for extreme circumstances you will see someone of the opposite gender shaking you down. maybe if you where flying out of BFE airport where they only have 1 of each screener and the guy got sick that day. but ya know if she was really hot...i might be inclined to go along with the program for the sake of national security...but then again i am a dirty old man. :lol:

Last edited:
Bobby, my hat is off to your daughter she has MOXIE, but I've seen some of these female rent-a-cops, think i'd rather have the guy and i'm older and dirtier. Maybe all flying should be in the nude and be done with it

Bobby, my hat is off to your daughter she has MOXIE, but I've seen some of these female rent-a-cops, think i'd rather have the guy and i'm older and dirtier. Maybe all flying should be in the nude and be done with it

ya know...your mind always will generate the really nice images...but reality steps into smack you in the face. on my first trip to can cun where the beaches permit topless sunbathing...i took a walk down the beach. i was thinking baywatch....oh, no...not a pretty sight...at all. cant even imagine that walking down the aisle of the air plane past me... yikes! :D

Makes u wonder why there hasnt been an Israeli airliner blowing up over the Gaza Strip...

Oh wait a minute, thats because they take their security SERIOUSLY....

I would be proud and happy to give up ALL my commercial passenger rights if the security issues actually taken were pre-emptive rather than reactionary... "Oh, someone tried to smuggle a bomb in his shoe... Now everyone take off their shoes for inspection..."

Les, I do understand and agree, to a degree, but do male israeli guards squeeze the breasts, grab the crotch, and butt crack of every female passenger regardless of age?
Is there a line between personal rights and security?
I'm also with Bobby, any poor sick guard that wants to look at my wrinkled hairy old butt is welcome to it and I hope it takes a year of therapy to get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back