TV's Top Tens....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
What's your view on the program? Just to mention the bomber list, how can you make a top ten list where you have a WWI bomber and the B-2, or find the F-117 on the fighter list? :lol: Or am I missing the point? ;) :lol:

If we are talking about the same show (shown on the Military Channel over here) I think it's based on the impact of whatever they are rating at the time it was in service. For the most part I agree with the lists, but there are a few times I disagreed. IIRC the WW1 bomber was British, but I felt the German Zeppelin Staaken's had a bigger impact.

If we are talking about the same show (shown on the Military Channel over here) I think it's based on the impact of whatever they are rating at the time it was in service. For the most part I agree with the lists, but there are a few times I disagreed. IIRC the WW1 bomber was British, but I felt the German Zeppelin Staaken's had a bigger impact.

I always thought the Gotha was a more effective bomber than the Handly Paige. Seemed to get much more attention .

I know what you're sayin' Lucky. They apply the same criteria to small arms, tanks, helos, BBs etc.

Guess they're not ranking them against each other, just ranking them as to their place in history, maybe? :confused:

TO

This a listing of the "Top Ten ....." shows that the Military Channel has aired:
Military Channel :: Top Ten

I find them entertaining but the way they are ranked is an attempt to quantify their impact by using several scales weighing the technological and/or tactical impact of the weapons. having said that I have argued with the TV on several occasions when watching these shows. :)

Regards,
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back