Two Japanese Talking A-Bombs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The families of murdered POW's should direct their anger at the individuals that committed the crimes.
And that was done - but during WW2 the only way to get the Japanese to cease was to direct the war against the civilian population and although they did suffer greatly (and there were many that could be consider innocents) there was poetic justice served for the earlier atrocities their fellow countrymen committed through out the Pacific, that's the point here....

I had this same disscussion with some people on our internal intranet just yesterday about the innocents under the A bombs my take is this.

1. This was a total war not just the forces but the industrial and political power of every country was involved and with Japanese children being taught to use bamboo spears to attack the invaders a fanatical last stand was on the cards.

2. What would the outcome of an invasion of mainland Japan be in terms of losses on both sides. The only proven yard stick you could go by was Okinawa (need I say more )

3. The original surrender treaty had been re-issued and ammended to not include unconditional in order to allow the Emporer to continue in power
the Japanese govenment took this as a sign of weakness and intended to hold out for more consessions.

Lastly this is what I go by as I wasnt there thank heavens as to the rights and wrongs of the A-bombs.

" To those of us who had been fighting the war for years the prospect of being ordered to invade Japan, and knowing the thousands and thousands of soldiers who would die carrying out those orders, was it little wonder that we all cheered at the news of the Atomic bombs being dropped and the chance of going home in one piece. It's easy to critisis 60 years later from an arm chair "

Bill Miles Able Seaman RN

" To those of us who had been fighting the war for years the prospect of being ordered to invade Japan, and knowing the thousands and thousands of soldiers who would die carrying out those orders, was it little wonder that we all cheered at the news of the Atomic bombs being dropped and the chance of going home in one piece. It's easy to critisis 60 years later from an arm chair "

Bill Miles Able Seaman RN

Amen...

My opinion:
It was OK to throw the first one to finish the war.
I'm not sure, that it was OK to throw the second one.
Some says, they throw them only to proof, that a Plutonium bomb works as good as a Uranium bomb.
Perhaps this is true. Perhaps not.
Perhaps they needed only to wait for few days.
Perhaps they could do the same if they would throw out several thousands of flyer with a picture of the second one over Tokyo.

I think, it would be worth to discuss about.

The Fourth of the Four

My opinion:
Some says, they throw them only to proof, that a Plutonium bomb works as good as a Uranium bomb.
Perhaps they could do the same if they would throw out several thousands of flyer with a picture of the second one over Tokyo.

The Fourth of the Four

If you say it was OK to drop the first bomb to end the war (it didn't), why would it not be OK to drop the second (which did end the war). The Japanese refused to surrender after the Hiroshima bomb and it took six days for them to surrender after Nagasaki, then only after the Emporer's intervention. The use of the atomic bombs wasn't racist (actually would have been used on Germany if necessary), wasn't meant to impress the USSR (though it probably did) and wasn't to "punish" the Japanese for wartime atrocities (although NO American in 1945 gave a hoot about any Japanese life). One reason and one reason only; end the war and SAVE AMERICAN LIVES (and in the process it saved many Japanese lives.

6 days was just to short.
Less or more they had to start a revolution, to get the military hardliner away.
Nowadays, 6 days seems to be long.
But at this time? No TV, no satelites etc.

And they have just to recognize that Hiroshima was gone. As I know, there was a total convusion for several days. As I know, there is only one picture of the atomic cloud. Only one man made any photos in Hiroshima at this day.

You are a japanese at this time.

What is a A-bomb?
Realy only one bomb?
We didn't have any picture?
Is Hiroshima realy destroyed?
What should we do now?

Perhaps they should throw some flyers with the picture of the first, the second bomb and with the atomic cloud over Hiroshima.8)

My opinion:

The Fourth of the Four

After the first atomic bomb the Japanese Government was given a specific amount of time (48 hours) to respond to cease fire demands. They did not do anything in the allotted time. And don't be fooled, there were many within the Japanese military that knew EXACTLY what happened at Hiroshima. There was no hidden agenda by the one man who had control over the bomb and that was Harry Truman. He would of kept nuking Japan until they surrendered. Any hypothetical or consparicy theory about some general or scientist wanting to see how a second bomb would work is just the imagination of some one between retarded and brain dead....

Hmmmm. 48 hours, not really a lot of time but neither was the time given to thousands Chinese, Koreans and allied POWs before they were butchered just because they quickly surrendered.

There is no discussion here, in fact some Chinese thought a third bomb was appropriate....

Perhaps they should throw some flyers with the picture of the first, the second bomb and with the atomic cloud over Hiroshima.

If the destruction of Hiroshima didn't push the Japs to surrender, "flyers with pictures" weren't gonna do the trick either.

Like I said in another thread, I've got a 100% clear conscience about the atomic raids. I don't care what the Japanese knew or thought about the attacks. American lives saved, enough said!

This is your view.

I have my own one.

I have to finish for today. Soon we have 1 am.

Good night

Yes Adler i can see your point !!!!
I sort of agree with T4.H however don't get me wrong the whole jappenese mentality of fight to the death would have inflicted thousands of casualities among You yanks and us Aussies, pommies etc.
So maybe it was a neccessary evil who knows.
Though i am sure that the top brass thought they were doing the best they could to save lives. Maybe in retrospect the scientist did want to see what happened, but hey hindsight's a b**ch.

Like I said in another thread, I've got a 100% clear conscience about the atomic raids. I don't care what the Japanese knew or thought about the attacks. American lives saved, enough said!

Agreed 100%. It is real easy for people from another nation (that were not in a war with Japan at the time) to reflect back and comdemn the US for it. Frankly I dont give a **** what they think.

Agreed 100%. It is real easy for people from another nation (that were not in a war with Japan at the time) to reflect back and comdemn the US for it. Frankly I dont give a **** what they think.

With **** you mean me, I think.

Thanks.

I will go out of this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back