Type 25 Camera mount for the Williamson F.24 camera

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Dear forum members,

I know this forum is absolutely not about asking items for sale...but I dearly hope that the admins allow me this one time....

I am trying to locate a Type 25 Camera mounting...pics attached. Two major projects are in need of this type of mounting. First my own project about Spitfire PR IB N3069 and the second project being the rebuild of Spitfire PR IV AA810. We are able to do reverse engineering in order to reproduce these mounts for both projects.

If anyone is able to help then please PM me.

Help locating one is extremely appreciated!!!

Cheers Sander

Attachments

• Type 25 mounting.jpg
    Type 25 mounting.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 232
  • VM22059.jpg
    VM22059.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 249
There's one mounted in the Lancaster they have there and it's supporting the target camera. I don't see them parting with that but they might have a spare. That's what I'll investigate.

20181222_125217.jpg
20181222_125232.jpg
20181222_125255.jpg
20181222_125315.jpg

Sorry Sander but there is no spare at the museum. The one and only one they have is in the Lancaster per the above pictures and they won't take the assembly apart to lend it out, understandably.

Hi guys,
The mount arrived a couple of days ago. Cleaned it up and discovered that perhaps one of the previous owners put it together incorrectly. Luckily able to sort that out...and fitted my F.24 8" focal lens camera. Very pleased how it turned out. Now waiting for the wing section to be ready later this year...and figure out how it was installed in the inner ammunition compartment. Did find some docs at the National Archives which could proof very interesting....also waiting on those. Cheers Sander

20190804_154547.jpg

Hi guys,
The mount arrived a couple of days ago. Cleaned it up and discovered that perhaps one of the previous owners put it together incorrectly. Luckily able to sort that out...and fitted my F.24 8" focal lens camera. Very pleased how it turned out. Now waiting for the wing section to be ready later this year...and figure out how it was installed in the inner ammunition compartment. Did find some docs at the National Archives which could proof very interesting....also waiting on those. Cheers Sander

View attachment 547838

Sweet well done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back