Ugliest Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope. The Heyford looks like it can fly. I think it's either Blackburn, Sopwith, or perhaps Supermarine?

Presenting the Blackburn Blackburn. Even the French are in awe of its sheer ugliness.

Blackburn_Blackburn_II_in_Flight.jpg

I find it interesting that you think offering opinions is a bad habit even as you are ... wait for it ... offering your opinion. :D
Yes, it is. I think that sharing unsubstantiated opinion or just taste preferences is a very bad habit. Modern society suffers from rapidly spreading unsubstantiated opinions which leads to the devaluation of scientific knowledges. I do not offer any unsubstantiated opinions. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to write lengthy (and extremely boring) texts, but I always have a sufficient set of arguments.

Yes, it is. I think that sharing unsubstantiated opinion or just taste preferences is a very bad habit. Modern society suffers from rapidly spreading unsubstantiated opinions which leads to the devaluation of scientific knowledges. I do not offer any unsubstantiated opinions. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to write lengthy (and extremely boring) texts, but I always have a sufficient set of arguments.

I get it, I do; you've already expressed this opinion of yours, which, by the way, is also an unsubstantiated preference. Anyway, back on topic -- what plane do you think is the ugliest?

I get it, I do; you've already expressed this opinion of yours, which, by the way, is also an unsubstantiated preference. Anyway, back on topic -- what plane do you think is the ugliest?
The same mistake again: I'm just allowing you to avoid boring lectures.
PS. The ugliest airplane is the Spitfire.
PPS. This is my last posting here. Au revoir.

Presenting the Blackburn Blackburn. Even the French are in awe of its sheer ugliness.
Dear sir,
Might i say i totally agree with your view on this.
I dare say i even lifted my lip in a form of grinning.

I have the notes from the meeting the management ok-ed this design.

I can send it to you.
However i must inform you that you will have to be fluent in braille to read it.

What kind of plane is that

Gloster Meteor F8 "Prone Pilot"....

"This was an experimental aircraft built for use by the RAF. The testing was to see if positioning the pilot in a prone position would be advantageous for pilots to withstand higher g effects. Only one was built and after 55 hours of flight and 99 flights, the results were found to be inconclusive. While pilots could still control the aircraft just as well as a pilot in a seated position, the extreme forward positioning of the pilot and difficulties with rearward viewing presented problems during mock combat with conventional aircraft, and with the development of equipment like g-suits the aircraft was retired after just 1 year. It's now on display at the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford in the UK."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back