Unidentified P-51D/K propeller blade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Webs

Recruit
Mar 16, 2020
These blades are Aeroproducts A20-156-24M blades. It even says that right on the blade.

But that's not the Aeroproducts logo. Any idea what that is? A licensee? Did Aeroproducts use two logos?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.51.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.51.27 PM.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 159
They could be the logo's for the overhaul agency who worked on the propeller. Do you have any blown up images that would give more information.

Here's a closeup of the same photo.

It's an Israeli Mustang. Time frame was 1950-1955 and probably 1951-1952. This Mustang came from the US, and most likely incorporated overhauled/refurbished parts.

I'm writing a book on the Israeli Mustangs. Every other photo either has the Aeroproducts logo, a Hamilton Standard logo or no logo at all. This photo is unique. It bothers me. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.40.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.40.50 PM.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 133
Here's a closeup of the same photo.

It's an Israeli Mustang. Time frame was 1950-1955 and probably 1951-1952. This Mustang came from the US, and most likely incorporated overhauled/refurbished parts.

I'm writing a book on the Israeli Mustangs. Every other photo either has the Aeroproducts logo, a Hamilton Standard logo or no logo at all. This photo is unique. It bothers me. :D
Why does the overhaul agency logo bother you? It has been a practice that the overhaul agency is allowed to apply their logo to propeller blade in same location as were the manufacturers logo was. I have worked for a large agency and have a small collection of different logos from the blades myself.

Why does the overhaul agency logo bother you? It has been a practice that the overhaul agency is allowed to apply their logo to propeller blade in same location as were the manufacturers logo was. I have worked for a large agency and have a small collection of different logos from the blades myself.

It's the not knowing where the blade came from that bothers me. The Israeli Mustangs were chimeric beasts and usually impossible to track down with respect to construction numbers or serial numbers. Being able to say "Hey, they got parts from this place!" is the kind of information I want for the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back