Unknown Holland May 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
??

unknown holland 1940.jpg

unknown holland 1940b.jpg

One and the same?
I would bet good money on these two photos being of the same aircraft, Jim.

The debris dangling, the sub-structure showing in the same places and the prop on that outboard nacelle is even in the same position (blades resting at horizontal). Even the aileron is descended at the same degree in both photos.

Last edited:
Agree with you guys,; the damage looks the same; it's definitely the same machine. So, based on the page that Snautzer provided, what was a TB-3 doing at Middelburg, Holland in 1940?

Funny how we 75 after the fact we can correct the picture album from somebody that was actually there....

Funny how we 75 after the fact we can correct the picture album from somebody that was actually there....

Do you know the provenance of the album? There are some unscrupulous people out there who will fake just about anything WW2 related. I don't know whether the photograph was taken in Holland or somewhere in the East. It could be completely genuine, but I've seen stuff cobbled together to make an attractive proposition when auctioned before.
I have no opinion either way as I have no way of knowing the provenance of the album, but the old saying 'caveat emptor' applies as much to WW2 memorabilia as to anything else.

Incidentally I suspect that Marcel is suspicious of the hilly terrain in the background of the photograph. The terrain around Goes is as flat as a flat landscape can possibly be.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
I have thought the same. So.. the shot of the TB-3 would be taken in Russia rather than in Holland. Also I think, Steve is right talking about the extraction of the foto album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back