Unofficial Screenshot Thread (Any Game)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got a track from one of my best performances in my campaign. Flying a La-5 (full realism) brought down three Fw-190A4s. And you will see from the shots, it was sweet.

Here are pics from my greatest mission record (although I have killed 4 in one mission, those were just two gladiators and two Blenheims so I wasn't impressed with myself) In this mission I down three Fw-190A4s.

Attachments

• spinning_out_29_.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 637
  • beating_25_.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 620
  • popped_21_.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 623
  • second_prey_19_.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 641
  • on_the_hunt_17_.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 634
  • burn_15_.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 642
  • fill_the_sights_13_.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 632
  • how_close_12_.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 630
  • break__7_.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 640
The last one was an ace, I killed him in his cockpit and he spun out to the deck. The fourth Fw-190 in the group I dove down on but only damaged, and a squad mate killed him.
Also a Bf-110G was brought down on the first pass by another squad mate. We went up with 6 La-5s, and all came home with the Germans going up with a Fw-180, Bf-110 and 4 Fw-190s...all but the Fw-189 being lost.

Nice...Heres a shot from my recent sortie, flying P-39D's for the USMC's...

Me and my 3 wingmen went up again 10 Zero's, and It was a long battle. All my wingmen went down,and I sustained this damage. I managed to escape the Zero's and I tried to get back in to my own territory, enabling me to bail out. However, I encountered a flight of 3 Zero's on the way. I shot down one of them (In that state!) and scared the other 2 off (Hehe ) I flew back into my territory, took this shot and then bailed out. I did start recording the Dogfight, but it was ages from when I pressed record to when I actually took out the Zero and I couldnt be bothered to play it through to get a shot.

If you could see the top of my wing with the hole in it, you would notice that the hole went STRAIGHT through the American star

Im expecting many more "fun missions" in my P-39D

Attachments

• damn_p-39....jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 611
Nice, I'm quite impressed you held it together let alone dogfight in it. Getting huge holes in the wings is always a bugger to keep the plane flying with...

Hmm, I was in a good mood and was inspired by your guys' examples, so I set out to k-k-k-kick some ass...

But, as my aim sucks, I decided to train myself in QMB...

Rules : Full real, with the exception of No External Views and Realistic Gunnery.

Set-up : Two La-5FN's, Veteran vs. Four Bf-109F-4, Average.

Results : Four - Zero. (My wingman and I got two each, with neither of us going down)

I would have gotten more kills, but I was still adjusting to NOT having to lead.

Without further ado, here are the pics... (In chronological order)

Attachments

• vector_to_home_base__30_121.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 590
  • shvak_powerful_414.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 605
  • ruined_daimler-benz_db601_621.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 609
Good pics, but go back and do it again with Realistic gunnery. I'm not fussed about External views 'cos sometimes I understand while going on missions you want to just admire the view.

And do it in a La-5...my VVS are too tight fisted to give me a La-5FN in the campaign, even though I have 91 AIR KILLS!

La-5 is too heavy...

In fact, I believe it has something like 600 plus pounds, coupled with something like 300 less horsepower...

I normally do fly with realistic gunnery, I only took it off for training my reflexes.

I was flying a La-5, and I downed three Fw-190s in one mission on full realism so you can do it too.

Nice ones GrG...here are some more from the world of CC

My Rules:

Full realism except blackouts and redouts, and also stalls and spins (I cant fly for shit with that on )

PLANES:
1 Spit MkIX (me), 1 P-51D, 1 P.11c and one Yak-9UT (All Ace)

VS

1 IAR 80, 1 Bf-109K-4, 1 A6M7 and 1 Fiat CR.42 (All ace)

Attachments

• burn_baby_burn__346.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 555
  • die_you_romanian_bastard__836.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 560
  • out_of_the_way__208.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 581
You've got aircraft ID on too, I hate that. Alright you know who is who, but I like not knowing and only finding out just as I'm about to slaughter them. Plus it ups my recognition...

Black outs annoy me, but I keep them on...

Hmmm...I was going to say good pics, but that thought evaded me for some reason.

Yes, they are great pics especially with the IAR80 falling away..lacking vital parts.

I enjoy it at full realism, I don't know..I just still enjoy it when I screw up. Like put it on full realism, and try and turn a I-16 tightly, very quickly...and watch what happens.

Also, try and fly a Fw-190 in full realism..christ, i can't do it..they are too hard to fly. They are not forgiving at all!

Spun the I-16 out, I did it twice in my campaign. I carried on the campaign though because I managed to bail, both times. Another thing with the I-16 is, under a lot of G the engine cuts out. That happened twice while flying it too, another thing that happened was I ran out of fuel because they sent us on a long range mission and I went off chasing some enemy planes, I was on my run back to base and ran out of fuel. Crash landed it well enough though...I've had some strange things happen when I was flying in that I-16...only had six missions in a P-40...and I'm in the La-5 now..so it's all good. Maior with 3rd IAK VVS, started 1941 in Leningrad 3 times Hero of Soviet Union. 8)

Your best bet with the Fw-190 is combat flaps, for almost all combat..same with the Ta-152. And don't yank the stick back to turn, 'cos it'll just give up and spin.

Use combat flaps when you're turning. I was turning inside a Spitfire online when using a Fw-190A6 because I knew how to fight with the -190, the Spitfire pilot was crap..so that's nothing against the Spitfire, but I was still turning well inside him. I still can't fly the -190 though, I only fly it when I'm trying to work the bloody thing out. Another aircraft I can't stand is the P-38, that's a sod to fly..to me anyway.

I'm good in the Ta-152, I use combat flaps on that...it seems more stable the -190As. I think the best beginner aircraft is the I-16, or Hurricane. Although, the Hurricane does tend to spin out if you put too much stress on it..but it's forgiving, full throttle and try and get the nose pointing down (if you're high enough) and it'll basically right itself.

Users who are viewing this thread