US soldier mom refuses deployment

I don't know, man...it seems like the world is just getting weirder and weirder by the day...
 
It's all the Mayans fault. :p


Wheels

D@mn Mayan Apocaliptic calender. I guess that this is how there getting back at us. :)
 
I think we're starting to see the effects of kids having grown up in a system that doesn't want to damage their self-esteem and thus give them whatever they want. She was probably never told "no" as a child, or spanked, or anything, pampered and pandered to, and developed this idea that the world is out to serve her. Military members are seen as heroes again, so she wants in on that and joined up, thinkin the Army would not send her to war if she didn't want to go.

That's what my lack-of-caffeine-and-adequate-sleep braincell thinks this morning, anyway.
 
Yeah, I agree with the comments, but there's a huge difference between being prepared to do something when it is a possbility, and when it is a reality things come from a whole different perspective.

It is a decision you have to make before signing on the dotted line. This is an all volunteer army. You sign up you fullfill your obligation. There is no changing your mind when the time comes.
 
I think we're starting to see the effects of kids having grown up in a system that doesn't want to damage their self-esteem and thus give them whatever they want. She was probably never told "no" as a child, or spanked, or anything, pampered and pandered to, and developed this idea that the world is out to serve her. Military members are seen as heroes again, so she wants in on that and joined up, thinkin the Army would not send her to war if she didn't want to go.
You're pretty much on the ball there...that's what happens when society does this "everybodiy's a winner" crap...it kills the desire to strive for excellence as well as impressing a sense of self-responsability. And it's only going to get "better"...
That's what my lack-of-caffeine-and-adequate-sleep braincell thinks this morning, anyway.
No too shabby, then...when I'm in that mode, I have a hellova time with the "first pants then shoes" thing...
 
If you're willing to take the money, job training, and other assorted benefits, then when the time comes to "pay the bill"; you can't run out on the tab.

I feel bad for her, but a deal is a deal.
 
No too shabby, then...when I'm in that mode, I have a hellova time with the "first pants then shoes" thing...



:shock:

That would explain all those funny looks I got today....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back