US Warbird tour schedule

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder said:
Interesting, they were charging $10 to go in to see all three and walk though the B-17 and B-24. But I would think a veteran of B-17 service should get in for free, jhor9! But I am glad that answer questions for visitors. A few years ago when the EAA was bringing their B-17 on the tour, they didn't have anyone that knew anything about the B-17! I ended up giving an impromptu presentation because I answered some people's questions and they all got interested! It worked out well as I had been preparing a presentation for a few weeks after that so all the facts were still fresh in my mind.

The Collings planes come through my area (3 local airports) in Feb each year. I've at the fields for the last 15 years acting as a docent for the B17

jhor9 said:
The Collings planes come through my area (3 local airports) in Feb each year. I've at the fields for the last 15 years acting as a docent for the B17

That's excellent! While I can read and talk about it, you obviously have a much different perspective on the B-17. I applaud you for being there to answer questions and talk about the airplane.

syscom3 said:
JHOR, did you ever get a ride in either of the Collings Foundation B17 or B24?

I had my ride in the B17 in 1994 and the B24 in 1995.

No, I was necver invited. I certainly wouldn't pay 400+ for a ride. The govt paid me $225 per month to fly the B17.

Several years ago ALUMINUM OVERCAST came through my area, I was invited to have a ride
About 10+/- years ago I helped clean up a B17 that was brought up from Bolivia. This was done at a local airport. After it became airworthy I was invited to go along while a pilot was being checked out by the owner, While aloft, he invited me to get into the copilots seat, I had the controls for about 10 minutes, that was a thrill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back