Use of Bomb Rockets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 21, 2009
How do you properly use the bomb rockets that can be armed on an A6M5 Zero in Pacific Fighters? Are they meant for ground targets? Or can they be used as primitive air to air missiles? I tried using them on Hellcats and Corsairs and I missed the target most of the time. I did make some rocket kills though, but my cannon/gun kills were more as compared to using rockets.

If you're really, really good, they can be used against something like bombers, but otherwise they're strictly for ground attack. The rockets are simply too slow and have too short a range to be effective against most aircraft.

If you're really, really good, they can be used against something like bombers, but otherwise they're strictly for ground attack. The rockets are simply too slow and have too short a range to be effective against most aircraft.

Yeah, the kills I made were bombers that were flying straight. And I needed to be so near them to make the hit.

I had a Tamiya A6M5c model and it had incendiary bombs that were said to be dropped on B-29s and rockets also in the same role, so it's for anti bomber but obviously the guns are more effective.

When I had pacific fighters working, I did a attack on a japanese flaptop with an F4U. I loaded up on Tiny Tim rockets, and fired at point-blank range. Sunk the carrier, but I got caught in the explosion, and what was left of my plane was smeared over the flight deck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back