Use of Bomb Rockets

Discussion in 'Other aviation games/sims' started by shiro_amada_jp, Mar 9, 2009.

1. shiro_amada_jp

How do you properly use the bomb rockets that can be armed on an A6M5 Zero in Pacific Fighters? Are they meant for ground targets? Or can they be used as primitive air to air missiles? I tried using them on Hellcats and Corsairs and I missed the target most of the time. I did make some rocket kills though, but my cannon/gun kills were more as compared to using rockets.

2. ONE_HELLCAT

ONE_HELLCAT Member

Student
    If you're really, really good, they can be used against something like bombers, but otherwise they're strictly for ground attack. The rockets are simply too slow and have too short a range to be effective against most aircraft.

3. shiro_amada_jp

Yeah, the kills I made were bombers that were flying straight. And I needed to be so near them to make the hit.

4. Pong

Pong Active Member

I had a Tamiya A6M5c model and it had incendiary bombs that were said to be dropped on B-29s and rockets also in the same role, so it's for anti bomber but obviously the guns are more effective.

5. Vassili Zaitzev

Vassili Zaitzev Well-Known Member

Substitute teacher; graduate student
    When I had pacific fighters working, I did a attack on a japanese flaptop with an F4U. I loaded up on Tiny Tim rockets, and fired at point-blank range. Sunk the carrier, but I got caught in the explosion, and what was left of my plane was smeared over the flight deck.