Valkyrie movie - question about Junkers Ju-52 depicted

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Valkyrie is to Stauffenberg as U-571 is to Das Boot ;)
Actually didn't mind Valkrye I've seen Stauffenberg and both films are good but for making money Valkrie would do better and thats why they make movies, . On the 109's it took them about 10 flying hours to get that sequence used according to the pilot

Can you confirm if they were both 109's Neil or is my info correct that one was a 108?

I agree with you on Valkyrie being not that bad. It certainly wasn't the same caliber as the Downfall but to compare it to U571 is just wrong. Now that was a terrible movie.

Can you confirm if they were both 109's Neil or is my info correct that one was a 108?

I agree with you on Valkyrie being not that bad. It certainly wasn't the same caliber as the Downfall but to compare it to U571 is just wrong. Now that was a terrible movie.
Unless the pilot John Romaine was pulling my pisser , he was sitting across table from me talking about the shoot and how long it took . In situations like that I listen , rather then talk and let the other folks ask the dumb questions

Naw I thought it was pretty terrible as well. Probably because I am sick of Tom Cruise though...;)

The far one is a Buchon, not a 108 as I first thought.

Valkyrie.jpg

I started watching Valkerie for the first time ever just a few days ago. Stopped it about 15 minutes in as I just couldn't watch Tom Cruise. Absolutely hate him as an actor.

not all movies that come out of Hollywood suck. Just like not all movies that come out of Europe are "brilliant", either...

That's perfectly fair correct comment.
However.
Hollywood does have one massive problem, they - not suprisingly - continually target their largest audience, the mid-late teens males.
The net result is that the bulk of Hollywood's output has a distinct tendancy to the ridiculously shallow glitzy effects-laden nonsesne.
Europe does not do this (yet, though the US influence is growing) and still makes a huge amount of films decidedly aimed at an adult audience.

Of course there are exceptions but generally I think that's why European films on serious adult topics tend to be far superior.

Unless the pilot John Romaine was pulling my pisser , he was sitting across table from me talking about the shoot and how long it took...

You know J.Romaine!?! - if so, lucky are you to meet, as he has been luckier than most i.e; don't mention that airline ****/jock pilot who got ego and wrecked the Blenhiem with John and another in it too, the 3rd guy was in mech/radio/gunners position. I have a occasionally read flypast, aeroplane and books, and I am in engineering ( piloting) awe of Mr Romaine - my engineering highlights are much less - making tappet biscuits for Ilmore Indycar engine pushrods, some bits for Smiths instruments and assisting in laser cutting drilling deflector plates for early Rolls Royce 'JSF' enignes.

...In situations like that I listen, rather then talk and let the other folks ask the dumb questions
Here here, so true, although sometimes it takes a dumb question to start the story...

I must check out this Staufenberg film.. Valkyrie is so much better than U-571 for what it is, its better than some HW film releases of the years around it. Certainly compared to Disney, Cruise associated 'History-Wood' follows history to the letter, but only then. But not a patch on Das Boot(en) Downfall im Stalin('s)grad Winter War *forgive my bad German humour if possible*.

I am more likely to agree with Gixxerman Crimea about HW's brat-marketing BS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back