Various Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweb, unfortunately the program is not dedicated for MAC OS.The graphic viewer is for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.

Sweb, unfortunately the program is not dedicated for MAC OS.The graphic viewer is for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.

Thanks. One step up from dumber. Just wish the steps weren't so tall. I do have another computer with windows XP so I'll go that route.

While I'm off topic in my effort to further on-topic stuff along, how does one take older film photos and have them digitized for uploading? The negatives are long lost in some cardboard box who knows where but the photos are in good shape. Thanks.

Oh, and thanks to all for the kind words about the models. Labor of love - all of them.

Don't worry there might be another pic browser for the MAC OS.We have to look around the Net much more careful only.

For your photographs, if you've got a scanner, it's as easy to scan them and save them that way. I've had to do a similar thing, but at least they can be 'enhanced' if needed, using a suitable photo-editing software package.

:idea:
For your photographs, if you've got a scanner, it's as easy to scan them and save them that way. I've had to do a similar thing, but at least they can be 'enhanced' if needed, using a suitable photo-editing software package.

:idea: I don't have one here but at work I do. I'll give it a go and see how that works out. Thanks.

You're welcome. The results should be at least as good as the original, and you will be able to correct colour balance, brightness etc, and possibly delete 'blemishes' with the right software. BTW, Hewlett Packard include a basiv version of this type of software with their printers, if this helps. Otherwise, there are many, such as Adobe or Coral. I use Coral Photopaint and Coral Draw, among others, which allows many, many possibilities.

Uh... I like the "Voodoo"

All the best!
Dusan:)

Great models Sweb! :D
Are they in the markings of the aircraft he flew in aswell, or just the types?

Evan

With the exception of the Jug, which he flew with the 92 Fighter Squadron in Hawaii between wars, yes. They are in the markings of the squadrons he flew with and period-correct for his time. That was easy (OOB) because there were few reconnaissance squadrons and he flew all the types with those squadrons. I have a completed B-47 that I am preparing to mark in 100th BW markings, which he flew with, and a semi-complete RF-51 that will be completed in the markings of one particular 45th TRS plane (Polka Dots) from a photo I have showing him standing in the cockpit of. The 45th TRS pilots did not stick to one airplane during the Korean War like they did in WWII. Many of the RF-51s still bore their WWII nose art. They were aircraft ready for scrapping after WWII but when the Korean War began they were resurrected as RF-51s and F-51s performing ground attack roles. The RF-101C Voodoo is also in the 45th markings. The RF-80 was also Polka Dots and the squadron patch is on the left side. The RF-84F Thunderflash was with the 302nd TRS based at Shaw AFB in 1956-7.

Side note: The Polka Dots originated at Kimpo, S. Korea in late 1951. My Pop made himself a scarf from a polka dotted material and to complete the ensemble he traced circles around ration booze bottle caps onto his white helmet. He painted the area around the circles the same blue as the scarf. It caught on with other pilots and the Polka Dots were born. Soon the RF-51s were trimmed out in polka dots and from that period on all 45th planes carried that trim.

Very interesting history, love the explanation of the birth of the Polka Dots. Thanks for sharing.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back