Very Fire 1/350-USN San Diego Light Cruiser

javlin

1st Lieutenant
6,295
2,390
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Location
MS
This is my next project that's already in progress since last W/E.The Atlanta Light Cruiser was built to be basically an anti-aircraft battery and screen for the capital ships.The ship came with 16 X 5" guns across 8 turrets with a single quad 40mm,three twin 20mm and single 20 mm's to which I have Bunker Studios 3D print inbound.The original Very Fire kit came with all the PE as an option but I could not see were I could buy it separate so the PE I believe I will need was ordered and has arrived mainly railing/ladders.The Book I have may just squeak me buy on the rigging nothing like your IJN or Kreigsmarine the USN was light on rigging.
default_wink.png

This is a rebox of the VF kit minus PE meaning railing/ladders a small 3" x 4" fret was provided.
San Diego 013.JPG

the wire reels getting ready for some paint
San Diego 005.JPG

A layout of the main battery's
San Diego 007.JPG

The lines in this Cruiser Class is quite Nice and the wood base for all future USN builds will be Oak in honor of "Old Ironsides"
San Diego 010.JPG
 
This should be good. Love to watch people building complex ship models.
 
This should be good. Love to watch people building complex ship models.
She's not to complex but has been enjoyable thus far.The build has been going well and is the first I have taped off decks to paint AA tubs and inner walls with the AB it really was not hard at all.
San Diego 001.JPG

None of the SS is glued ATTM.
San Diego 004.JPG

A very busy part of the ship
San Diego 009.JPG

Some overhead views I like the contrast.
San Diego 010.JPG


San Diego 013.JPG


San Diego 016.JPG


San Diego 019.JPG
 
Looks good so far!
 
Beautiful build.
 
Thanks for the likes fellas work progresses just not super happy with the highlighted results ATTM could be lighting and camera because in person looks OK,I have already repainted dry brush the area around the bridge as well as some other area.I think in the future instead of Tamy wash I am going to do my own make it less subtle.
default_hmmm.gif
San Diego 002.JPG
San Diego 005.JPG
San Diego 008.JPG
 
:thumbright:
 
The San Diego has come front and center once again and progress has been quite good.

This pic is to show off the double 40's from Bunker Studio's a company and a particular vendor I am using extensively one can see the single 20's from BS's also.
San Diego 003.JPG


Just a different angle on the double 40's
San Diego 006.JPG


The Quad 40's on the rear deck followed by a couple of 20's these have not been cleared so no wash yet late to the party.
San Diego 009.JPG


Just a full view still need to rail the other side ,rig glue down super structures,ladder and a little rust here and there.
San Diego 012.JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back