1/350 Hase Yahagi

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I started the build on 8/4/19 the hull went together in a snap and with many many internal supports.The deck required that many holes from the underside be drilled out for this particular ship I would imagine that rest of the holes were for others of the Agano class of light cruisers.I have a PE from Eduard for the Agano class for the railings plus what Hase supplied mainly for the flight deck area. Pictures profile,supports hull,assembled hull and size Yahagi 19.5" and Yukikaze 11.5

yahagi.jpg.0e2ab8e291fb2c399e8a8918e4b02c8b.jpg

112446359_Yahagi003.JPG.22ec668c30052e3b00036ce3f755e717.JPG

1187742013_Yahagi002.thumb.JPG.1dc444176544078569679bda40dff69e.JPG
1673581301_Yahagi001.JPG.ebc500b324cbc2c63a44d6c023f73cda.JPG

NICE.....!!

Yahagi usually lead a Destroyer squadron as a command ship. It's final battle was in this capacity commanding the screening destroyer group for the Yamato in its final mission to Okinawa "Operation Ten-Ichi-go" June 6-7 1945.
Yahagi was hit in the engine room by a torpedo around 12.45 in the first wave of attacks against the strike force, stopping her dead in the water.
A sitting duck she was hit by multiple torpedoes and Bombs and capsized and sank at approx. 2.05pm June 7th. taking 445 of her crew of 736 down with her.

Thks Guys !This is were I am ATTM Bridge is just about done never realized that they had so many binoculars on these ship the very top has 9 and the main deck has about 10-12.I added some Infini ladders over the the plastic and plan to add two open doors.
Yahagi 001.JPG
Yahagi 004.JPG
Yahagi 005.JPG

I made it to the range finder today ;) Kevin
Yahagi 001.JPG

Yahagi 002.JPG

and yes I fixed the main turrents gun barrles before the glue set once I saw the pic
Yahagi 003.JPG

I just found out tonight my Son Garrett after just 4yrs in the USAF made E-5 on his first go round of testing Hooray!!!!!!

Yahagi 002.JPG
Yahagi 004.JPG

I continue to move forward on this one I try to put in some work everyday 1-3hrs for short days and 5-8 on my days off if life permits tonight two hrs.I painted the turrets,funnel,searchlight station and all the small bits on the foredeck.I have a question though the hose reels for fire control what color is the hoses?I seen on one build they were red and it be some color to the build but would like accuracy in this case.Thks Kevin
default_wink.png

I would say that I starting to approach the 50% mark on this one nothing on the deck is glued yet except small pieces.I opted to go for the plastic hanger since I folded the brass hanger deck one time opened it back went to go glue it shut and it broke!after one fold?I tried to align the folded pieces but it was off after the glue dried.I said nope and to boot the anti-skid pattern on the brass looked out of scale of what of been a persons foot the plastic is much more subtle.I am going to incorporate some other pieces hopefully if all goes well from the brass hanger kit.She's looking the part............
default_wink.png
Kevin
Yahagi 001.JPG

Yahagi 002.JPG

Yahagi 003.JPG

So my efforts over the last couple of days I got some railing up on the a/c platform and the PE catapult built which I have seen were my cart is improperly located.The white marks on the deck are were I filled the holes with sprue doing away with the kit ladders.I have ladder on the inside underneath the a/c platform do not know if the one to the back will show up in the resized pics. Kevin
Yahagi 001.JPG
Yahagi 002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back