Hasegawa Destroyer Yukikaze 1/350

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Hugh got some railings on her this is the slow part.I have received the Chikuma and have a bid on a Yahagi IJN L/cruiser with all the trimmings.

as to :That sounds so bushido, doesn't it? well I cannot answer that one for you.I did find on some ships they loaded all the guns up front so the carrier decks out back would not have contend with the blast but other with smaller decks had one gun.I will add a smiley next time for the sarcasm. ;) Kevin

Now this is slow going's for me it literally takes me about 45-60 minutes to do a railing and my AA nest look's like crap but maybe the next one won't? I have one ladder added to the front mast and also broke the top of the mast
default_rolleyes.gif
but it broke in the best way one would want.That's it for now have the whole w/e off and did all the honey do's today
default_Whew.gif
The wife is cleaning the wood work side for the mess she made this past week and I start my new display case 6'L X 30"H X 24"D.

Maya 001.JPG

Maya 002.JPG

Maya 003.JPG

A very nice display.

That is Sapele Andy from Africa a cheap mahogany runs about $5 a/bf now I got lucky last time at Ponchatoula LA and got some ribbon Sapele for the same price that stuff has a higher premium.

I had to solve a problem .....handling the model to much and almost damaging some of the existing PE work.So, I took some 2" clamps and glued on some felt pads wha la but then you had to put it down? The next step was obvious for me at least took an ole chunk of Maple and mortised a 1/2'W X1"LX1"D hole as a mounting block.The base has two coats of clear steel wool'ed,decals and another coat tonight.Yes I have touch ups for the hull red before the felt.
Maya 001.JPG

Maya 002.JPG

A pic of the Ribbon Sapele on that piece I built a while back

woodwork 002.JPG

I got about 8-9 hrs in today the best thing I learned was using tape to hold the rails while you glued them down.The tape allows less glue to be applied resulting a faster dry time and less mess.The life boats actually have id's up front on the bow I am not far from a clear rest of the decals and the panel wash. ;) Kevin
Maya 005.JPG
Maya 007.JPG

Maya 009.JPG

Maya 010.JPG
Maya 011.JPG

Maya 012.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back