Very small scale P51 Mustang ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Does anyone know of any available kits for the P51, preferably the P51B , in a small scale such as 1/700 ?
Many years ago, I had a number of 'Dockside Accessory' kits, I think from Aoshima, which covered such items as warehouses, dockyards, cranes, houses and airfield hangars, and one of these provided a number of trucks and other vehicles, plus aircraft, including B17s, P51s and P47s and P38s. The aircraft and trucks were one-piece 'solid' mouldings, and might have been even smaller than 1/700.
I have an idea for a a large diorama (hence the need for the small scale), but so far have only found offerings from Tamiya and Trumpeter, covering the B25 and carrier aircraft, as well as modern jets.
Any help, ideas or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much Wayne, that set would do the job. The P51D can easily be made into a 'B' or 'C', and the P39 and P40 too, in that small scale. This could be a 'go' !!

Well, it's just an idea at the moment. I'm just finishing a 1/48th scale diorama of a P51C of the 361st FG, at dispersal at Bottisham, in May 1944, which I'm taking to donate to the Memorial Museum, located in the only remaining buildings of what was Bottisham airfield, not far from Duxford. (I'll post pics of the diorama before I go next week.)
Depending on what Jason, at the Museum thinks, I might build a small-scale diorama of the whole airfield, for display at the museum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back