'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good for you TE. See my other thread about the P38 where I mention warbird insurance. Also the clip of the VE Day flyover.

Sally B was the very first flying warbird I video'd with my own camcorder.

I have not been inside Sally B but did get to sit in the pilot's seat in one in the US.

Back to Cov for the last of the sequence for a while. Breitling boys... what a team they were.

Attachments

• cov-ashow-breitling_dvcr381_223.wmv
    5.3 MB · Views: 57
Nice stuff Roy I really like the F4U but I have often wondered if having the cockpit so far back from the nose if it effected the forward visability of the pilot nearly the whole of the wing is forard of the canopy

Good question. I was amazed when I saw them coming in to the static line up at Duxford. No one to guide them in like they do at RIAT etc. 'Follow Me' etc.

Probably what held up their entry into carrier service with the US forces. Until the FAA showed them how!

Here's a video that will knock your socks off!

Well, it will if you are patient.

It comes towards the end of this interesting piece about early jets etc.

I didn't know they were working on this stuff only a few miles from here at Cranfield...

10 megs but worth it...!

Attachments

• jets-doc_296.wmv
    9.3 MB · Views: 76
Got it from some terrestrial doc I think. Interesting stuff about heat-seekers and well, that Meteor footage I had never seen before... amazing. Brave camera-persons.... makes me wonder what else lurks in the vaults we have not seen on TV.

For a change here is some footage of the mighty F15.

One short and small... the other is 20 megs but you get nearly 10 mins of stuff.

Attachments

• f15-jets-doc_709.wmv
    618.8 KB · Views: 44
  • f15-jets-2_134.wmv
    22 MB · Views: 55
Future fighters.... the hideous JASF.

I don't like these planes because they are going to replace the Sea Harrier with them... or one like it. Bah!

Attachments

• jasf-to-wings_dvcr260_171.mpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • jasf_dvcr258_102.mpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
  • jasf-to-wings_dvcr261_102.mpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
Royzee617 said:
Let's hope this thing never gets aboard our new carriers. Hardly stealthy that gulping intake... think of the FOD problem let alone maybe the odd rating or two. Yum yum!
It wouldn't be Roy. LOL :lol:, it would have a terrible problem with FOD but the Eurofighter air intake is particularly small either, but it hasn;t had to many problems that I know about anyway.

It puzzles me how the Typhoon can be anything like stealthy.

In terms of aero design etc when you look at its contemporaries like the Gripen and Rafale [or Flanker] then ok but alongside the F22 there is no contest. That plane will dominate wherever it goes. Not only does it lack the gaping maw [so the enemy radar gets a nice strong return from the engine blades] but also it has a weapons bay.

I like the Typhoon but I suspect it is already obsolescent. They are just not letting on. Too much at stake.

I am puzzled.

How come lots of downloads for my photo's but relatively few vids?

Is it a bandwidth thing?

I would have thought that the scarcity of vid clips on the web rel speaking would have meant v-v.

Sorry to have to get territorial again but would people please not post their videos on my thread!

Please could one of the admin guys move the Caribou one off my thread.... ?

It especially ticks me off since it is a plane crashing. ARGH!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back