'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here we have a couple of clips of Harvards (?) arriving at IWM Duxford.

Small and larger files.

Attachments

• yellow-harvard-1f_116.wmv
    728.8 KB · Views: 49
  • red-harvard-1_213.wmv
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • red-harvard-2_184.wmv
    7.8 MB · Views: 61
  • yellow-harvard-2_156.wmv
    4.7 MB · Views: 54
First for this week to catch up on the IWM Duxford sequence. First we have a short clip of a couple of the Spitfires visiting for the airshow plus resident P51 etc.

Attachments

• _dvcr029_221.wmv
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • _dvcr031_686.wmv
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
cheers... plenty more to come!

One of the other attractions is a pleasure flight - here you can see the resident DH Rapide.

Attachments

• _dvcr032_129.wmv
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • _dvcr033_937.wmv
    1 MB · Views: 71
Spits Hawk arrive... sorry about the errant kids.... they are much older now but no less noisy!

Again, a small and larger file for better quality.

Attachments

• _dvcr037_149.mpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 80
  • _dvcr037_204.wmv
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Sunday treats for viewers worldwide!

A wander around the working warbirds in the hangar at IWM Duxford. But when I watch this I have a mix of emotions. While I am impressed with the power exuded by this machinery even when stationary, seeing the P38 again all menacing and waiting to fly - well, you will know what I mean after seeing the other video strand.

I am going to try to put this up in three formats. First a smallish file - 7 megs but you get nearly five minutes of footage - then a larger one, then a Divx (24 megs). The other day the Divx gang was having a birthday and were 'for one day only' giving away the converter for free. Dunno if it is unlimited but let's hope.

You will need to unzip the file and get the (free) Divx player):
http://www.divx.com/
[free moview to download there too].

Finally, we came across a nice feature on the National Geographic site yesterday. They had a webcam set up by a watering hole in Botswana. fascinating to watch 'live' birdies, deer, etc coming down for a drink and squabbling etc. Better than TV!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html

I dunno what the time difference is. You yanks will have to get up early or something! If you are an insomniac you will love it! So noisy too.

Attachments

• _dvcr038_112.wmv
    8 MB · Views: 60
  • _dvcr038_493.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 68
Nice video Roy.

Royzee617 said:
Finally, we came across a nice feature on the National Geographic site yesterday. They had a webcam set up by a watering hole in Botswana. fascinating to watch 'live' birdies, deer, etc coming down for a drink and squabbling etc. Better than TV!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html

I dunno what the time difference is. You yanks will have to get up early or something! If you are an insomniac you will love it! So noisy too.
I have seen it before and it is cool though not quite as good as actually being there :D

Nah, I would rather be here in sunny, cool, no-flies UK!

Wonder if they will ever set up a similar webacm: underwater, at Duxford etc., or a nudist camp?

Heres a real rough digi cam clip and a couple of snaps from Londons Oxford street yesterday an event was held to get visitors returning to London shops after the recent bombs although it seemed to be more of an act of defiance in the end.
Croydon Steel Orchestra is made up of local kids from the poorer parts of London (they where bloody good too)

Attachments

• oxford_street_009_128.jpg
    oxford_street_009_128.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 339
  • oxford_street_006_199.jpg
    oxford_street_006_199.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 341
  • oxford_street_014_115.jpg
    oxford_street_014_115.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 340
  • oxford_street_005_751.jpg
    oxford_street_005_751.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 337
  • croydon_steel_band_166.wmv
    4.6 MB · Views: 50
Wow! Amazing pix! And video! What were they playing? Sounds familiar. Not your usual fare for a stell band. A bit like Apocalyptica doing Metallica on cellos etc.

Did you make the clip?

Yes (cheers for the compliment Roy) with my old pocket Fuji stills cam thats why its only mpeg quality

Pretty good. The Duxford clips here were made using my old Sony analog Camcorder. I have a DV cam now and it is amazing under the right conditions. We went to see Otway, Wilko and The Hamsters last Friday and the results are great so I might post a bit of the gig here next week.

3 decades ago the BBC screened a great series called The Secret War. Never been seen on the box since for shame.
Here is a bit to whet your appetite. You see the RAF getting ready for a raid and various bits of the German defence. Thi is a large Divx file zipped for your pleasure.

Attachments

• _dvcr005_156.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Back