'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some clips from my vaults I don't think I posted before.

We see the majestic Tu-144 landing and some shots from RIAT from local UK TV.

Sorry about the quality of some of them but they had to be small for the site I used to post them on.

Attachments

• tu144_dvcr157_145.mpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 71
  • riat-04-mpeg-batmen_420.wmv
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • red-arrows-d-day_1_334.wmv
    605.8 KB · Views: 56
  • pdf-d-day_1_907.wmv
    620.6 KB · Views: 63
  • riat-04-mpeg2_1_443.mpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 62
Thanks. Have just been enjoying a new 'doc' on the History Channel. It is their sponsored air show at Biggin which was on mid-afternoon and not on Disco Wings (this is disappearing up its own fundament with dilution of its already marginalised content thanks to non-aviation progs on trains - argh!).

Great stuff though - no music plenty of planes of all eras and not too much human interest.

On Thursday afternoon they have a doc on History Channel about Whittle.

Something a little different - clips today include one of my fave local covers bands, 6 Foot Under doing some Motorhead and Led Zep filmed by yours truly.

More planes stuff from the archive too.

Attachments

• 8_foot_under_live_at_the_pitz_ace_of_spades_195.wmv
    5.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 8_foot_under_live_at_the_pitz-black_dog_202.wmv
    9 MB · Views: 46
  • pdf-d-day_1_145.wmv
    620.6 KB · Views: 44
  • wellesley_dvcr141_143.mpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 56
We've seen Konkordski returning to earth and now the visual treat of the lady getting aloft!

An extract from Working Lunch on the SHAR.

Attachments

• tu144_dvcr158_129.mpg
    6 MB · Views: 59
  • shar_dvcr048_163.mpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
A real treat for you here - some doc footage of the Mossie!

Plus clip 1 of RAF Hunters.

Attachments

• mossies_dvcr145_113.mpg
    12.7 MB · Views: 114
  • raf-hunters_dvcr038_139.mpg
    14.2 MB · Views: 98
Great clip that's nice and small for those who don't yet have BB.
Love this plane too.

Then we have a short clip on the Fairey Battle with some groovy-looking early WW2 AA gunners ready to bring them down....

Finally, the Boston on a low-level mission...

Attachments

• b52-flypast_dvcr165_186.mpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 69
  • battle_dvcr139_156.mpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
  • bostons_dvcr144_169.mpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 73
Cheers!

If you can take a look at Discovery Wings - they are running some old Brit aviation stuff from teh 40s, 50s and 60s, so far so good even though it keeps reminding me of Harry Enfield and Mr Cholmondely Warner!

Shame you can't see the Discovery stuff as some of it is great. You know me I might eventually sneak some of it onto viewable form...

MW here is something you can watch - first up a demo of using a multi-barrell (Vulcan?) onboard ship.

Second, a take off clip of the Typhoon.

Third, the BBMF over the D Day anniversary... ruined by intercuts to the folks on the ground... oh well.

Attachments

• guntest_dvcr049_832.mpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • efa-to-dvcr159_507.mpg
    8 MB · Views: 66
  • dday-bbmf_dvcr112_528.mpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 59
BTW my mum was there at these celebrations and while she was in awe of it all she and her chums took a dim view of other aspects. It was a very hot day and they had not provided enough shade and water for the vets and their helpers. Worse still, these 'heroes' had to wait upon the VIPs. Everyone was messed about while they awaited the arrival of ER, JB et al., shame on them. Summat else you never see on the TV coverage of these events.

Anyway, the weather was good today so I hope someone posts some pix etc from the Duxford show.

The Discovery Wings special 40s 50s and 60s rolls on nicely.... almost too much to tape!

A thought occured to me about this. On another site - one for concert bootlegs - they have 'tape trees' or these days 'CD trees'. I think it works with someone sending a tape/CD to two others who copy them then send them on to two others etc etc. We could do it with videos... I send a copy to two of you then you copy em and so on.... all relies on us having DVD copiers... and who hasn't these days?

I have some vids to keep you amused in the mean time.
B57: short clip showing it letting go a load of bombs...
Canberra at our local airshow in Cranfield a few years ago...
Year n years ago a look at the Swift and other jet fighters....

Attachments

• _dvcr319_147.mpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 61
This is from the good old days when they staged air shows at Cranfield... I used to go there as a kid... saw one of the TSR2 prototypes in the hangar too. A chunky file but worth the d/l IMHO!

Attachments

• canberra_642.wmv
    14.9 MB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back