'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Used to enjoy seeing this plane when I was a kid at airshows - such as Henlow or Cranfield. Indeed it is one of the ones we are lucky to still be able to see. I have some nice footage of them at that Classic Jets show at Cranfield coming up soon..

This is the nice-looking Hunter side by side two seat trainer... looks good unlike some trainer conversions. For ex I am not sure I like the Lightning 2-seater as much as the single seat.

Attachments

• huntert5_375.wmv
    463.6 KB · Views: 51
The V22 has had a chequered career so far. Several have been lost including the one shown in this clip. It is totally destroyed even though it looks like they'll make it. So watch it if you don't mind seeing expensive machinery being rendered into scrap.

Attachments

• tv2_646.wmv
    799.3 KB · Views: 86
I wouldn't get it one.

However, the world needs something to fill the gap between the helicopter and the turboprop / C130 etc. I was thinking how useless we really are the other day. All this technology and yet because the roads are out and weather bad we can't get aid in to help the quake victims in Pakistan. We need a supersonic transport that can carry and paradrop a bulldozer or two to create a runway for the follow on airlift to get in.

Then there was old Capirossi at the Oz Moto GP. Because he had some fluid drained from his lung after a crash he could not get back to Europe in time for the next race - all of today's airliners require high altitude flight and the pressurisation would injure him! Have to go on a boat... but that would take weeks! Gawd.

Also I reckon we need a small supersonic bizjet so world leaders (or SAS) can get to meetings or trouble spots ASAP. Imagine Blair popping over to see GWB in the back seat of a Tornado! Mind you that was reputedly not as good as Concorde for sustained supersonic flight.

What a crazy world we live in.

Short clip to complete today's trio - a C130 shows how many flares it can carry. Not a good idea to dispense like this at night methinks!

Attachments

• tv4_151.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back