'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent video's. I've seen the tragic Osprey one before. I have to disagree on scrapping the project. It's a new design, a new point in aviation and it should be kept with. After all it's a mechanical design now in practice and no longer in theory, once in practice it's almost always certain it can be perfected. Think about the first introductions of the jet engine. They killed a lot of people and a lot of things went wrong but they stuck with it and now it's the only viable propulsion system with a combination of economy and speed.

And I have heard that the RAH-66 program is only on stand-by, not actually abandoned.

I've heard the same thing about the RAH-66.
An Ospery was being tested at CFB Shearwater last year, not far from where I live. It was a series of USMC tests to do with colder northern ocean air. I'd see and hear it flying over the harbour quite often. Quite a machine.

Great set of vids, Roy. All of 'em.:thumbleft:

Many thanks to all who write in to say thanks.

I like these vids - that's why I made em - plus I like sharing them with you guys. Not only that if I can work out how to make em and post em then maybe lots of other folks will too!

I like the Osprey - would love to see one - but it seems anything with two big prop/rotors has a painful gestation - I am thinking of the Chinook too.

There's a great vid somewhere of them folding up the rotor/wing too.

Good news about the RAH-66.

BTW if you want to get an idea what Ospreys in service might be like then read the Dale Brown 'Hammerheads' series.

The Chinook is a wonderful machine and a maintainers dream, in my father's own words. Everything that was needed to maintain one basically came with the aircraft. They even had their own crane for lifting out the engines!

I know a lot of people don't find the idea of those blades swinging past each other ...but the only way they're going to collide is if the gearbox goes out of sync ...and if the gearbox screws up on any helicopter - it's not happy time.

I'd never pass a ride in a Chinook, I'd rather listen to my father; one of the first six RAF electricians trained on them. They're wonderful aircraft.

Get a ride in one? I wish. I've talked with my dad about the leaking on the Chinook and he informs me that if anything was leaking the Chinook wasn't going to be flying.

Today's offering is more of the same... only one more but it is huge... the whole of the flypast over BP for the VE Day celebrations... Rapides, Daks, B17s, B25Ds plus of course the BBMF on a poppy drop. Awesome event.

But it is 20 megs... so you are going to have to leave the PC on for a while. But it is worth it. Fairly good commentary too. Lucky lad gets to play at waist gunner in Sally B too... now where did that other B17 come from? France?

I found it here:
http://pink.lady.free.fr/home.html

Attachments

• tv9b_277.wmv
    19.8 MB · Views: 73
Many thanks!

Attachments

• lanc-poppies_155.jpg
    lanc-poppies_155.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Back