'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another fine Cold War RAF machine, the Hawker Hunter was once around the airshow circuit in a gaudy red colour scheme owned by Spencer Flack (who had the red Sea Fury).

Attachments

• _dvcr026.mpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 58
  • flack-hunter.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 113
Grasshoppers of the RNAF - not sure I liked helo display teams but as always the Dutch always manage to do things well... for example the F27 and F16 and before that the F5.

The B17 will be along next week... maybe.

Attachments

• ghoppers1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 121
  • RNAF-Grasshoppers.mpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 47
Make it a top priority! And bung them some cash so she can keep flying.

I have several reasons for liking this plane one being that it was the first warbird I filmed with my own camcorder. Must dig that out some time. One of the pleasures of visiting her home base, IWM Duxford, is the chance to see her on the ground or if you are really lucky as I was, in the air.

Finally, Roy catches up with the hoi polli and gets himself a decent phone... I bought a Nokia 6230 off EBay t'other week and it is great. A ton gets you a handy multipurpose phone - that's around 80 quid for the phone and 20 quid for a 1 gig SD card. That combo gives you an Ipod Nano killer MP3 player that also plays video clips as well as letting you take snaps and video clips of your own. Plus all the plane pix you may ever need as a slideshow.
Plug over, one of my other purchases was the software to convert my clips to the phone-friendly format. To illustrate I attach one of my first efforts. The compression is amazing and not un-watchable.
To play on your PC you should open it in RealPlayer which then downloads a plug-in to permit play. Probably something for WMP too.
So here we are then, nearly 5 mins of warbirds and whatnot from the Biggin Hill air show. I will re-post it as a higher quality file in due course. This file was over 200 megs in mpeg1 and shrinks down to 2 megs for the phone... and an easy download.
It had to be zipped as this site does not permit this type of clip 3gp... maybe someone can change that?

Attachments

• biggin-hill-warbirds-for-nokia-phone.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Better nick any of the ones I have nicked....
mine are here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=royzee
but nowt much new that aint on here... I am beginning to prefer YT coz I am newarly up to a thousand views and I have only been doing this for a week or two...
Smae old thing tho, folks look but can't be arsed to rate my vids. Dunno why I bother sharing sometimes.... probably just for the few who are keen enough and polite enough to acknowledge my efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread