War of 1812.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you both need to stop with the insults here!

Attachments

• coffee_150.jpg
    coffee_150.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 557
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:

LOL - I did not insult him back. So please don't say "both" when it is your boy Plan_D who is doing all the insulting.

You gonna wear that admin hat you have to be objective Alder.

When the admins start spamming out a thread one thing is clear... THERE ARE TOO MANY ADMINS!

=S=

Lunatic

RG, I think you should calm down just a bit. You've been known to chuck a few insults and insinuations yourself here and there, so when Adler says "both" try not to be too incensed by it. I don't have quotes for you, nor am I about to bother hunting them down, but enough of us have seen it happen, so that's good enough.

If at any time you're particularly annoyed with an individual because you feel that they've insulted you or your country, try sending them a private message about it or contact an admin and we'll look into it. Believe it or not, sometimes it might just be meant in good humour.

I'll ask the both of you to please try to keep the hard insults about each other or each other's nationality either to yourselves or to PM's.

Now if you want to bark at me too then feel free, and if you feel that there are just too many admins on this site for you, you can leave at any time.

Lighten up.

Can I just say guys, we had a cracking debate going on here...the mudslinging has bought it down though. Not wanting to get on me soapbox, but it would be cool to just have a good debate on here without it getting nasty.

Just my 0.02 8)

Alright. I'm sorry, to all of you. I apologise, RG.

It wasn't my fault, I hadn't had my tea. :(

Anyway, I will carry on this debate tommorow. I'm not really in the mood at the moment.

Nonskimmer said:
RG, I think you should calm down just a bit. You've been known to chuck a few insults and insinuations yourself here and there, so when Adler says "both" try not to be too incensed by it. I don't have quotes for you, nor am I about to bother hunting them down, but enough of us have seen it happen, so that's good enough.

If at any time you're particularly annoyed with an individual because you feel that they've insulted you or your country, try sending them a private message about it or contact an admin and we'll look into it. Believe it or not, sometimes it might just be meant in good humour.

I'll ask the both of you to please try to keep the hard insults about each other or each other's nationality either to yourselves or to PM's.

Now if you want to bark at me too then feel free, and if you feel that there are just too many admins on this site for you, you can leave at any time.

Lighten up.

Skimmer,

On entry to this new thread on an existing topic I specifically asked Plan_D and anyone else who wished to discuss this to refrain from insults. And thus far I have made none.

Therefore, I find it totally hypocritical and abusive that Adler, who from the past discussion clearly sides with Plan_D (or more accurately against me), to admonish BOTH of us for throwing insults in this thread where I have thrown NONE.

I hope you can see my point.

=S=

Lunatic

plan_D said:
Alright. I'm sorry, to all of you. I apologise, RG.

It wasn't my fault, I hadn't had my tea. :(

Anyway, I will carry on this debate tommorow. I'm not really in the mood at the moment.

Accepted! :D

Hopefully we can debate such issues vigorously without having it degenerate into personal insults.

Thank you,

=S=

Lunatic

RG_Lunatic said:

LOL - I did not insult him back. So please don't say "both" when it is your boy Plan_D who is doing all the insulting.

You gonna wear that admin hat you have to be objective Alder.

When the admins start spamming out a thread one thing is clear... THERE ARE TOO MANY ADMINS!

=S=

Lunatic

No, first of all I said both because I meant both. Not as Adminbut as a member of this site. Other posters here have asked everyone involved to stop, when other posters ask of this is polite and mature to stop so that you do not ruin for it everyone. I too am getting tired of it all. Through reading of the posts in this thread there were many things that both of you have posted that I did not like at all and could have made comments and insults to them but I chose not too.

As Skimmer said if you think there are too many admins, then you can leave no one here is begging you to stay.

RG_Lunatic said:
Therefore, I find it totally hypocritical and abusive that Adler, who from the past discussion clearly sides with Plan_D (or more accurately against me), to admonish BOTH of us for throwing insults in this thread where I have thrown NONE.

Oh give me a break. If I had a penny for every insult you have thrown to everyone in this Forum I would have more money then Bill Gates!

If you want to take my post about both of you insulting each other so seriously, then go ahead.

RG - You can hardly expect Adler to dance at your wedding after the comments you made to him when he was still in the Gulf. However - that is in the past and we're not going to discuss that.

Look, I've never crossed swords with you, or any regular poster here, so I have no agenda other than the smooth running of this forum.

I say that the comments that the new staff have made are entirely reasonable and valid.

If you want to have a go at anyone, you should have a pop at me, because I hired them, and I am convinced they are acting wholely as I imagined and wished.

Medvedya said:
RG - You can hardly expect Adler to dance at your wedding after the comments you made to him when he was still in the Gulf. However - that is in the past and we're not going to discuss that.

I was not even going to bring that back up. :D

All I know is that other people come to the site and post here and dont want to hear this squabbaling whethter it be from anyone.

Heated discussions are fine and they actually make for interesting threads however when it gets personal and we start bashing each other and each others countries then it goes to far. It does not matter who does it. And as I stated above RG_Lunatic it was not meant toward just you but to you both of you. This had nothing to do with any past arguments that we may have had. I have stated several times over I think you make interesting and great posts most of the time. They get people thinking, including myself and everyone can learn from it. We have had our incidents in the past but I have tried to keep my cool and temper (its really hard sometimes with you :D ), especially now that I am home and have better ways to control it (a nice scotch whisky or glass of wine helps with that).

Okay now I am getting side tracked and I need to get off of this soapbox, basically what I am saying is we all need to refrain from it a bit.

Medvedya said:

Look, I've never crossed swords with you, or any regular poster here, so I have no agenda other than the smooth running of this forum.

I say that the comments that the new staff have made are entirely reasonable and valid.

If you want to have a go at anyone, you should have a pop at me, because I hired them, and I am convinced they are acting wholely as I imagined and wished.

That was a different thread. And those comments went both ways too.

Adler is now an admin, when he makes a comment like he did above, he does so as an admin. Read it again, it is clearly done in a tone of authority.

I avoided all personal insults at Plan_D. I did put a warning in italics that I felt he was asking for such with his replies, in the hopes of settling him down. I ask you to look at what Adler's post, with his huge signature, has done to this thread. It's effectively dead now. The huge signatures are very disruptive to the flow of conversation.

========================

You may think it is a good idea to have a large number of admins. I am confident you will find this to be a serious mistake. I've run msg boards and too many admins almost always ruins them in one way or another.

And, unless phpBB has added more levels of admin than it had when I ran it, such that the lower level admins cannot destroy the board, each additional admin is a new level of risk. Don't you think it would be more appropriate to make these people moderators if you feel the board needs more management?

=S=

Lunatic

No actually RG, I was not a admin at the time. I had no admin rights or anything like that. I think I was speaking for everyone else, sorry if you dont like it but again as I said above you dont have to, no one is begging you.

RG_Lunatic said:

If you read my post up there you will see that I admit to getting out of hand, the difference is I have made an effort too lately and am going to keep doing so. I am asking you to do the same.

No actually RG, I was not a admin at the time. I had no admin rights or anything like that. I think I was speaking for everyone else, sorry if you dont like it but again as I said above you dont have to, no one is begging you.

It say's admin under your name you're an admin. Just because you couldn't figure out how to access the admin panel does not change that fact.

You're agenda is all too clear Adler.

RG_Lunatic said:

If you read my post up there you will see that I admit to getting out of hand, the difference is I have made an effort too lately and am going to keep doing so. I am asking you to do the same.

I WAS MAKING SUCH AN EFFORT IN THIS THREAD.

If you'd bothered to actually check you'd have seen this.

Now that I can take as a personal insult. Saying that I can not figure it out. Actually get your story straight first. I had not been granted permission yet! I thought we were all going to stop this insult crap. Why do you fight it RG?

Second of all I did read all the posts, I was telling you both to stop the insults as to be fair, if you would actually stop thinking about yourself for once then maybe you would understand this. Believe it or not, I am not out to get you and neither is anyone else.

Lastly WHAT IS MY AGENDA? This should be interesting. Man you really are paranoid.

Look, as this has blown as far off the original subject as it possibly can I'm going to lock this. If you want to talk to me about running this place then by all means P.M me. (I have a hunch you will anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back