War Thunder (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey here is what I recommend for newer players to go down which lines: USA, Naval Fighter/Fighter, Bomber; Germany, Heavy Fighters to Fighters, Bombers; U.S.S.R., Yak Fighters, Attack planes; Britain, Heavy Fighters, Fighter bombers; Japan Naval Fighters and Fighters. You can pick to go down these lines but I do think that these give you a well rounded approach to any combat scenario.

Il-2,

I'd normally agree with you however I do believe the German fighter line, both Bf109's and Fw190's, are some of the best for boom and zoom style. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the Naval fighter line. Britain you can kind of get away with both heavy and "light" fighter lines but I'll tell you the Spit MkIIb and the Spit MkIX F are just unbelievably good in RB mode. They turn on dimes and the Hispano cannons decimate opponents very quickly.

The US line I actually LOVE the P40, probably the second best plane when it comes to Win% and K/D rating in RB mode for me. It's only flaw is it's rudder but if you can climb and dive on opponents effectively (which is how you should fly this plane) then you will do good. I see too many people flying the P40 against Bf109's and LagG 3's and think they can out turn them, it just doesn't work.

But with all things in this game it all depends on your play style. Me personally, I've developed enough skill in RB/SB that I know how to handle each plane I fly. It usually takes me time to figure it out, but I can do it. I don't fly my Typhoon like a Spitfire, and I don't fly my P-51's like a F4F-4. I understand the strengths and weaknesses of each aircraft and also understand what altitude each plane performs best at. IE: My Yak9T/K and Yak3's perform better at medium altitude whereas my P-51 loves being up to 5000m altitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back