"WARBIRD" novel. Read this, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hitoshi

Airman
Feb 25, 2007
I was in a second-hand book store recently and picked up a old copy of "GREY EAGLES" by Duane Unkefer.
Not a bad read and would have made one hell of a movie! A bunch of ex- luftwaffe aces rebuild bf-109 Gustavs and go on a rampage in the US....finally duking it out with a bunch of WW2 mustang vets in their P-51 warbirds.

Anyone read this book?:|

If you can find it in a library or second-hand bookstore...give it a read. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• gray eagles.jpg
    gray eagles.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 213
When I have got through all the others in my pile (all WW2 related except for the script for MacBeth in which I am a witch!) this might be a good purchase from Alibris. 8)
Dee

Hmmmmm....anyone remember that guy that signed on here a year or so ago, asking questions about some plausible way a Lancaster could do a barrel-roll to get behind and shoot down a -109? I can't remember if he was making a film or writing a book and wanted a plausible scenario, but every now and then it pops in my noggin and I wonder if he ever got anything done with it?

Haven't added to this thread for ages but recently found this.
This guy has built a cool diorama of the final chapter of Dunae Unkefer's novel :eek:

Attachments

• Novel cover GRAY EAGLES by Duane Unkefer.jpg
    Novel cover GRAY EAGLES by Duane Unkefer.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 173
  • The front view of the Gray Eagles Diorama.jpg
    The front view of the Gray Eagles Diorama.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 187
more images of the novel diorama

Attachments

• Final air battle over the Arizona desert.jpg
    Final air battle over the Arizona desert.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Oberst Theo, Rudi and Schilling lead the Gray Eagles up in the final chapter.jpg
    Oberst Theo, Rudi and Schilling lead the Gray Eagles up in the final chapter.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 107
  • Colonel Roger Lowen and Redmond Donleavy in his spitfire lead the confederates.jpg
    Colonel Roger Lowen and Redmond Donleavy in his spitfire lead the confederates.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 132
  • The old van the eagles used for target practice at the beginning of the novel.jpg
    The old van the eagles used for target practice at the beginning of the novel.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back