"WARBIRD" novel. Read this, anyone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hitoshi

Airman
Feb 25, 2007
I was in a second-hand book store recently and picked up a old copy of "GREY EAGLES" by Duane Unkefer.
Not a bad read and would have made one hell of a movie! A bunch of ex- luftwaffe aces rebuild bf-109 Gustavs and go on a rampage in the US....finally duking it out with a bunch of WW2 mustang vets in their P-51 warbirds.

Anyone read this book?

If you can find it in a library or second-hand bookstore...give it a read. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• gray eagles.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 213
When I have got through all the others in my pile (all WW2 related except for the script for MacBeth in which I am a witch!) this might be a good purchase from Alibris. 8)
Dee

Hmmmmm....anyone remember that guy that signed on here a year or so ago, asking questions about some plausible way a Lancaster could do a barrel-roll to get behind and shoot down a -109? I can't remember if he was making a film or writing a book and wanted a plausible scenario, but every now and then it pops in my noggin and I wonder if he ever got anything done with it?

Haven't added to this thread for ages but recently found this.
This guy has built a cool diorama of the final chapter of Dunae Unkefer's novel

Attachments

• Novel cover GRAY EAGLES by Duane Unkefer.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 173
  • The front view of the Gray Eagles Diorama.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 187
more images of the novel diorama

Attachments

• Final air battle over the Arizona desert.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Oberst Theo, Rudi and Schilling lead the Gray Eagles up in the final chapter.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 107
  • Colonel Roger Lowen and Redmond Donleavy in his spitfire lead the confederates.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 132
  • The old van the eagles used for target practice at the beginning of the novel.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread