Warbirds Over The Beach

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
The Military Aviation Museum is having and air show, in Virginia Beach,
Saturday Sunday [May 16/17].

More info here: VBAIRSHOW.COM

Charles

Attachments

• WARBIRDPOSTER_web.jpg
    WARBIRDPOSTER_web.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 128
Charles, you know how far away I am. What do you think travel time would be? I'm off on disability until the 25th so I might make this. I could drive down for the day.

I would guess-timate about 6 hours driving time, one way. How close are
you to RT 13 ??? I know 13 goes into Dover, but don't know where it goes
northward, from there. Rt 13 comes down the eastern shore of Md. Va.,
right into Va. Beach.

I just checked, this is NOT a free event. Tickets are $25.00 !!!! Forty bucks
for both days.....

Charles

No, I don't think so, TL. Being un-employed I don't dare blow the cash on
an air show. I might drive out to the beach and watch from there. They
will do most of their flying over the actual beach.

Charles

That is a hefty price. I was entertaining the idea of coming down as I'm going out of my mind at home here, but I don't think time and logistics are going to mesh. Oh well.

Due to continous rain and T-storms all week-end this was a complete bust. Little [if any] flying was done. Those
that did attend were given a form for a complete refund. Most of the time was spent touring the facilities [shops]
and the aircraft on display, indoors. They said they would reschedule later in the summer.

Charles

Man, that blows. I find, though, that unless you have a burning desire to get up close and personal with the planes and pilots (which is generally worth it), if worse comes to worst there is always a spot or two outside the show grounds where one can camp out with a lawnchair, umbrella, and sudsy cooler.

You mean that turkey tried to hi-jack my thread ? Good riddance ! Thanks, Chris...

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back