Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is a nice touch there Wayne with the Flap never noticed that before.

Great stuff again Wayne! Like all, I could look at that model for ages!
Daniel, as Wayne said, for REALLY delicate stuff, use the bits by hand; for 'other' work, use them in a pin-chuck drill (sometimes called a pin-vise), which looks like an oversised jeweller's screwdriver, with a small grip-chuck on the end.

moving further around.....

Attachments

• 23_Crinius_II_8655.JPG
    23_Crinius_II_8655.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 24_Crinius_II_8658.JPG
    24_Crinius_II_8658.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 25_Crinius_II_8643.JPG
    25_Crinius_II_8643.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 88
Back to the regularly scheduled program. I love your canopy fit Wayne. Is there a reason that you don't fit the canopy, mask and then do the camoflauge? Wouldn't that be more realistic of the full scale? I know why I don't do it in 1/72nd, but want to hear The Master's explanation.

Well, Iv'e always had a preference to fit canopies in the latter stages...I always dry fit them before painting and do what ever is necessary to ensure a correct fit...most are open so it makes the job easier.

I usually paint them at the same time as the rest of the aircraft but not always...but always make sure the canopies are done when I'm at the flat coat stage to ensure the colours match AND I want to make sure the flat coat application is the same on the fuselage and canopy. Each part is then carefully fitted.....

Very nice Wayne!
Do you use 'Klear' (Future) on your canopies? I've only done so a few times, and find it works well, but makes it trickier to paint the framework. Be interested to know your sequence.

Very nice Wayne!
Do you use 'Klear' (Future) on your canopies? I've only done so a few times, and find it works well, but makes it trickier to paint the framework. Be interested to know your sequence.

No, never used it....always keep my canopies wrapped up in tissue paper until needed....then mask 'em and paint 'em....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back