Weathering a White Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
I'm getting to the point in my Wellington build where I need to start thinking about weathering and highlighting. The Wellington is wearing the white Coastal Command paint scheme. What would be the best method to highlight panel lines on the tail and flap sections? What would be the best method to highlighting some of the geodetic pattern on the wings and fuselage? I usually use oils but am open to other suggestions. I hope to have it decaled and future coated by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance:oops:

I would suggest a light gray wash to highlight the panels. Keep it very light as you can always make it progressively darker unitl you get the effect you want.

Not sure what you'd wanty ot achieve on the geodesic pattern. I personally wouldn't do anything but if you did want to highlight them, you could try applying a thin wash of a slightly darker base colour (green or gray, depending where you are) and then wiping it off lightly, leaving the wash in the low points.

With my Bf110 build in the current GB I used pastels which I found worked really well.
Have a read of Wayne s how to in the weathering section it will tell you all you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back